The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hamley - The Battle to Restore The Balance
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Amracil
06:44:08 PM 07/05/10
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
Joined: 02:18:06 PM 09/21/04
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 6043
Other relevant threads

A New Resolve

Healing Hamley (Again)

Of Air and Earth

(Players with characters involved, please feel free to add anything you like here from this point forward. - Am)

[ Edited 06:26:50 PM 07/08/10 ]

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sar’rel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
Back to top
Amracil
12:08:30 PM 07/07/10
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
Joined: 02:18:06 PM 09/21/04
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 6043
Gilenial opened his eyes to find the first light of the morning sun shining through the window near him. Superimposed over the reality of what he saw before him were the images of his reverie, so clear yet in his mind.

He would need to speak to the queen as soon as possible.

Rising from the cushions he made his way across the room to his staff. With clear purpose he strode from his home into the city, the tower his destination.

An unusual amount of activity greeted him on his way. So many others were out and about. And as he approached the first walkway up to the tower a shiver ran down his spine.

Looking ahead, he could see hundreds of others, all seemingly heading in the same direction. He recognized many of the faces. Druids and sages of the city, all.

On the second ramp he heard his voice called.

"Gilenial, the vision?"

Turning slightly as he walked, he nodded in reply.

So others, perhaps all of these people, had seen the vision? Looking around himself he noted that the throng was coming to a stop ahead of him.

The guard at the door, surprise plain on his face, did his best to accommodate the hundreds before him, holding the door while the other guards he had called to help him guided the many wise elves that had come through the small opening into the tower.

From high overhead a lark watched the scene below, noting the hundreds of elves packed around the entrance to the tower, each being admitted, the throng continuing to grow even as many poured inside.

Some time later, the queen beheld a scene unlike any she had ever beheld. Her entire audience chamber was filled with elves. There was literally no space clear but the dais on which she and her retinue stood.

Realizing something momentous was in motion, she asked. "Who speaks for you?"

Gilenial, perhaps ten meters from the dais in the crowd, felt a shove in his back. "Gilenial!" He heard an associate call out. "Gilenial!" He heard again. And then again.

"Come forward, Gilenial." The queen said, the crowd grown preternaturally still. "Tell me, wise one. What brings all of you here?"

Standing on the first step of the dais, his eyes rose to meet those of the queen.

"We have had a shared vision unlike any before, my queen."

"Please," the queen replied. "Come up here and tell me."

Making his way to the top of the dais, Gilenial bowed deeply before his queen.

"Now." She said, her voice carrying over the silent throng. "Tell me of the vision."

"There is something in motion, my queen. Something... magnificent." Turning his head briefly, he saw the looks of support and agreement in the eyes of the hundreds of others behind him. Facing the queen once again he continued.

"The time has come. We must move the devices we used to combat the power of Fhelkhorn. We must move them to the frozen lake. We must free the land in all but that area from their influence."

"But why now, after so much time?"

"The vision... this is what is right for the land. I... it is simply a knowing, my queen. It is clear in my heart. It must be done."

Looking out over the hundreds of others assembled in her great hall, she spoke.

"So say you all?"

In chorus loud enough to be heard in the city proper came the reply.

"So say we all!"

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sar’rel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
Back to top
Amracil
12:52:56 PM 07/07/10
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
Joined: 02:18:06 PM 09/21/04
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 6043
And so it came to be.
-----

[ image disabled ]
*Special thanks to Stormkitten of the Thain Builders team for making this happen. - Am

[ Edited 12:14:04 PM 07/09/10 ]

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sar’rel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
Back to top
legolasgirl1987
05:09:15 AM 07/08/10
Registered Member #1239
Joined: 12:37:24 PM 01/20/08
Location: My body is the UK my mind is in Canada *nodnod*
Posts: 1270
It was a beautiful stormy night, Phoenix was smiling brightly as the rain was pouring down and the lightning made pretty patterns in the sky. Her headband resonated with sparks of lightning as she walked along the road out of Hamley, passing the guards and offering her greetings. She was about to head to the focal point near the iron clan to meditate when she heard the stones call out.

“Recall our brothers from the sky!”

She looked to the guards, none of them spoke, none of them noticed. She looked around for a few moments to see if she just imagined the voices.

“Recall our brothers from the sky!”

Instinctively she looked up, her gaze falling on the floating mounds of earth in the sky. As she stared at them she felt a great sorrow in her heart, the voices got louder.

“Pray for their return to us!”

She knew the meaning, the floating earth must be returned to the ground from which it once belonged.

“Pray for their return to us!”

A flash of lightning turned the world a blinding white, leaving nothing in view but the floating mounds of earth in the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Phoenix bolted upright, sweat dripping off of her. That wasn't like any dream she had before, there was something different but she just couldn't put her finger on it. As she placed her hand on the bed she jumped, pulling the covers away she found rocks and fresh soil all around her body.

She got up and attended to her duties, watering the fields, feeding the animals and then guard duty at night. She enjoyed helping the guards fight against spiders, almost as much as she enjoyed helping out around the fields. She got talking with Andras and Frirry about Hamley, the spiders and her dream before Andras had to leave on other duties.

Frirry wanted to go beat up some goblins or giants, but the entire time she had been on guard duty her attention had been drawn to the floating mounds of earth in the sky. She pointed out that she was far too distracted to help and would only end up getting them killed most likely. She so badly wanted to pray like her dream wanted, but the areas around Hamley were too dangerous. So she traveled north a bit till she reached the Earth Shrine, here was a quite place where she wouldn't be disturbed at all.

She got comfortable and began to put herself into a meditative state, from there she began praying to Enthaet.
[ image disabled ]

"I pray to thee, Honorable Enthaet to help us in this time of need. The earth that now floats in the sky, must be returned to its rightful place, returned to the ground from whence it came. I come to you a simple follower, nothing more nothing less, to ask of your help with this."

There Phoenix stayed in her meditative state, repeating her prayer over and over again. She would stay there until she received some sort of sign, she was prepared to pray for eternity if that is how long it took. Enthaet had once saved her from the grasp of the Lord's Reaper, so she had complete faith in him. So there she stays at the shrine, praying with all her might.

Phoenix Anisai - Hin Druid of Enthaet, Shapewalker and Keeper of Thain. A Keeper's Struggle - Little Wolf
Yuggorath - Green Slaad Mage, Slaad Lord of the Material Plane.Chaos Reborn
Melinda Featherfoot - "Little White" Hinkin, Draconic Musician.
Angelica "Angel" Flightfoot - Hin Archer, Nature Walker

Millia Anisai-Brushe - Hin Locksmith, The Scarlet Shadow.
Litiana Jr'enei - Poisonwood Elf, Necromancer.
Kelsy Clearwater - Hin Bloodmage, Copper Dragonkin.
Linposi Samwir - Gnomish Artificer, Merchant.
Lilliana "Lillypad" Lokoti - Hin Musician, Writer of Tales.Lilly's Book of Songs, Poems and Tales
Amanda Blake - Mute Sorceress

“My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton
Back to top
Website
Dontella
05:55:43 AM 07/08/10

Registered Member #1004
Joined: 07:54:02 AM 03/16/07
Posts: 2499
On the hillside she stood, quietly invisible to the guards passing below. For the time she was serious, a strange look of contemplation formed across the freckled features of the young bardess.

The dreams had teased her from sleep for several nights now, visions and questions of faith.. of loyalty.

Leaving her room in the middle of the night a kiss was left upon the brow of slumbering paladin, as she crept across the island under the darkness. She had stopped at the grey iron mines to see the poor elementals still tormented.. before continuing to let her steps carry her forward and to Hamley.

This was the focus of her dreams, and where she came to settle with the sounds of empyreans moving on their patrols below. A hand scrubbed her face as she stared across the skies, waiting for some hint.. some indication of what the dreams intended for her to do. It was as the break of day came, and illuminated the skies that she saw the lumps of earth still hung heavy in the Air.

[ image disabled ]


In her dream the fury of the storms nearly shook the earth free from it's binding, free from the unnatural prison which held it in place.

Wind, rain, lightning, thunderous fury..

She went to compose a letter, sending it on to Andras to show the Keepers, Card, Jalla, and Slagg.

Little Note, Wrote:

Sol is having strange dreams.. visions perhaps of things that might be, of things to come. The winds whisper to me, speak soft against my ear and these of the Earth are bound against the will of the Air.. and in prayer they can be free.

Yet I have also dreamed of the storm, of a great storm which blows through Hamley and with enough force frees the land..

Maybe have a meet up soon.. what do you think?

~Sol


I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Back to top
teraptus
12:49:52 PM 07/08/10
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
Phillian awoke from the dream with a start. The dreams had come back, but this was different than the rest, less cryptic. Wiping the sweat from his brow he glanced at his hand... dirt. Looking around, his bed was covered in it. Hopping from bed in alarm, he quickly grabbed his things and looked around. Everything else was normal and quiet. Closing his eyes a moment to collect himself, her went back to the dream... "Pray for their return to us.."

Heading to the Earth shrine along the north road, Phillian kneels, like he has on so many occasions, and says a small prayer...

Guide me, spirits of nature, take me your servant and show me what must be done. Bring about the restoration of this land. Reunite what floats with that which we walk on. Show me what you need of me and it will be done

Checking the site of the chaos, everything was still... chaotic there. As he wandered back towards Hamley from saying his prayers at the Earth shrine, something in the corner of his eye caught his attention, or rather, something that wasn't there caught his attention. The obelisk, it was gone! Quickly running back to the Ironclan hills, he checked on the other obelisk, gone as well....

Closing his eyes and concentrating, he shifted down into a form more suited for tracking and quickly noted the trampled ground and the scent of the visitors. Following the trail a way, he eventually lost it at Crater Lake. Frustrated, he shifted back to his normal self and continued the search on foot...

//edited to include the prayer said IG, took me a bit to find the transcript from my files

[ Edited 12:38:26 PM 07/09/10 ]

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
Krin
01:39:35 PM 07/08/10

Registered Member #742
Joined: 11:17:12 AM 04/16/06
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538
In the hills near Hamley, Krin sat in meditation. He concentrated on the vision he had received in his dreams - an unmistakable message from Enthaet.
He and Jalla were called to duty, to once more help to heal th eland around the town.

Glancing up to the sky at the floating islets of earth and stone, the task was clear - The balance must be restored and the land must be made one again.
On this, they would meditate and pray, letting Enthaet and the Source use them as conduits for the healing energies that must flow.
Nearby, the pack rested, but they too would add their voices through the Song, to make the land bountiful as it once was.
Others would no doubt be called to duty for the land, and they would join with them.


-Krin Desat, Half-Elf Ranger, soul mate of Jalla Desat and Alpha of pack Far-Runner
-Ifor Hillord, Dwarven Priest of Clangeddin
-William W. Windwalker, rogue and trapmaster
-Janea Desat. Daughter of Krin and Jalla Desat


It's a pretty feeling like dancing, when someone hands you the scene...
and it is similarly thrilling to hand it over to someone else... (Ramana Jala)
Back to top
Sepp
04:25:41 PM 07/08/10

Registered Member #625
Joined: 06:10:21 PM 10/02/05
Location: Florida
Posts: 1242
Card sends a reply by letter:


Sol.
F’tarek lent his aid in a recent quest to the Bagnorns. He obviously wishes for something in return, and your letter seems a likely matter. A disturbance of the elemental aspects of the Isle concentrated about Hamley no doubt has all elemental lords reacting. I would welcome a meeting, simply name the time and place.

Card Vessux Oridon.

SOL! I have a shiny new gem! I need a white Ribbon (Shiny), though! Bye, SOL!
Kyorlurn Ux Isk

P.S. The shininess is very important, SOL!



Lawful Neutral (LN): The LN character wants a nice quiet world in which everybody has the security of knowing their place and nothing ever changes. S/he enjoys routine and dislikes surprises. Those few LN characters who become adventurers usually do so because they feel that they cannot get the quiet life they want as long as outside menaces exist. They tend to be pretty annoyed about it too.


40 days in jail: Free
Curse of the Dragon\\\'s Blood Ring: 1,866,745 GP
Walking out alive: Priceless





[ image disabled ]
Back to top
Jane Galt
07:00:18 PM 07/08/10

Registered Member #1491
Joined: 08:37:55 PM 11/15/09
Location: I don't know.
Posts: 450
Zura awoke to the faint smell of smoke, the dream lingering in the forefront of her consciousness. What was F'tarek up to now? She wondered. Something to do with Hamley. Was the wheat burning? No time for jokes. F'tarek didn't bother her unless it was important, and somehow she felt what connection she had been forming with his fires on the island drawing her north.

So then, she made arrangements and moved to the Roadhouse, a dismal place with no civil amenities and sent a note southward to Dampf...

wrote ...


Dear Dampf,

If the fireworks explode...again... you'll find me in Hamley for once instead of Steinkreis. Hopefully I will be back in time to finalize the deal with Sandburrow over my shop.

With care,
Zura



Now all there was left was the waiting...

[ image disabled ]

[ Edited 07:44:26 PM 07/08/10 ]

[ image disabled ]

Zura Hailene, Wu Jen of Fire Supermassive Black Hole, Muse

Evelyn Holifeld, Thief Wetlands Escape, Assassins Creed II

Vissal, Follower of the Old Ways Lullaby, Chronicles of Narnia
Back to top
Dontella
04:10:34 AM 07/09/10

Registered Member #1004
Joined: 07:54:02 AM 03/16/07
Posts: 2499
The ribbon was a glittering white samite, shot through with the finest weave of silvery threads to give it a marvellous sparkling sheen. It would definately catch Kyor's eye when she was able to meet up with Card and the rest. It was her thought that they would meet outside of Hamley of all places, as that was where the dreams guided her. She could still feel the wind on her cheek even now.

But until the meeting could be arranged, well.. what she sought was the Shrine of Winds, high in the mountains of the dwarves. But the way was dangerous.. not only by the guardians in the hills and aggressive creatures that guarded the slopes, but also from the bitter stinging cold of the highest peaks.

A small group of adventurers was assembled to travel to the Shrine, ready to brave the dangers it faced.

It was the hope of the little Bardess that such a journey could provide answers to her dreams, or some revelation as to what Arderak sought for her and the others to do.

[ image disabled ]


I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 26, Members: 2 ...
Jandari viewing forum.php
Warlord Kro viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1874
Newest member: Bingo

Now Playing
1. Dagmar
2. Seth Evershade
3. Joan
4. Aarag Jerz
5. Nore Yanicelin
6. Arial Benneset
7. Brooklyn Ja'Quoi
8. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
9. Kaiser
10. Sage Evershade
Render time: 0.1074 sec, 0.0091 of that for queries. DB queries: 34.