The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Payne
04:14:14 PM 02/27/20
The anti has been raised!

-Clickedy-

DavidtheGreat
03:57:55 PM 02/27/20
Felicity would pay 400k If someone pulled that off. Just sayin'.

archgrendel
03:13:30 PM 02/27/20
.. damn, tips must be good at the Tin Tankard. where do I apply ?

Payne
02:43:42 PM 02/27/20
....payment from Felicity. Apparently she has the most money, other than Lianna...

Payne
02:32:08 PM 02/27/20
Tin Tankard will sponsor the event, 100k to whomever kills Kallista and throws her into Blackrock Prison.

Must be a prisoner to collect, no fake kills.

Shade
02:03:34 PM 02/27/20
That's just cruel!

Evendithus
12:46:29 PM 02/27/20
I predict explosions

Corlupi
11:27:38 AM 02/27/20
06.00!
It's a very early GMT morning.

Glognar
11:02:27 AM 02/27/20
Oh... yea.. 18 hours and the fact that it says 06:00 GMT+1 in the post. Didn't notice that untill you asked now. I'd say it's a morrning session for us GMTers. A shame I have to get to work.

Shade
10:13:53 AM 02/27/20
Wait, is that 6 as in 06:00 or 18:00?



Forums
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Just Miggen, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Felix Headwinkle
03:18:22 PM 04/27/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
He’s Return

...years later..

The Sea Wraith crypt through the moonlit harbor finally coming to rest at the island’s edge.

“Finally, go wake our passenger,” said Captain Po as the other crewmen dropped the walking plank from the ship to the island shore.

“I still think we should’a not brung ‘em aboard, Captain,” whimpered his first-mate. “Should’a not gave ‘em your room neither.”

“Do you know how much he paid for passage? Now go tell him we’ve landed,” ordered Po looking stern. His first mate immediately hurried off into the ships’ interior leaving Po to oversee to the rest of the crew unloading the cargo. “...sooner he’s off the better.”

Meanwhile down below, Po’s first-mate stood before the door to the captain’s room and the eerie passenger that now occupied it. He tried to swallow his fear and summon up his courage. “Sir we’ve landed,” he said as he knocked. Silence was the only answer. “Sir?” The first-mate checked the door; unlocked. Cautiously he let himself in, “Sir?”


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

The room was quiet and dimly lit by spent candles. The first-mate’s heart pounded in his chest as he looked around the room in panic, “S-s-s-sir?” Suddenly he heard a noise behind him, a raspy breath. He slowly turned, desperately hoping not see what it was but his face suddenly went gaunt with fear.

On deck, Captain Po heard the earsplitting shriek of his first-mate below. Quickly he drew his sword and made his way to stairway to the below deck. It was in an instant that he saw the figure rushing towards him but he was already face down on the deck of the ship; he wallowed around struggling to grasp his surroundings, the cries of his crew filling the night air.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

He managed to right himself just in time to see the hooded ex-passenger throwing the withered corpse of one of his crewmen aside. The figure seemed to breath in the night-air with renewed vigor before tearing off into the night.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

...he was calling to it...


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

...calling to each other...


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>


[ Edited 03:27:31 PM 04/27/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
03:30:54 AM 04/29/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
DO shoot the messenger

In the silence of the night, he made his way over the island’s terrain. The paths he’d walked before, the secrets he’d brought with him when he left before, now all coming back as he made his way through seldom trespassed territory. He moved through the secret passageway once again standing in the home of his old allies. With a simple snap of his fingers he lit the available torches, filling the open area with dim light.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

No doubt we will have to have a lengthy discussion once they realize I’m back, he chuckled to himself. But for now…

He popped a cork of a bottle and poured out its contents onto the cave floor. Once the last grain of dust fell, the white dust swirled around forming a skeletal figure. He handed it a roll of parchment.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

Without a word the skeleton turned to leave.

“Hmm, wait,” ordered the creature’s master. “Make sure you take the back way out.” The skeleton lingered for a moment before disappearing down the tunnel. In the silence of the cavern, the whispers of the flickering torches were drowned out by the faint drunken cheers and laughter of the room above. He looked to his skeletal hand, vile goo dripping from the sleeve of his robe.

“I do believe its dinner time…”

[ Edited 03:31:51 AM 04/29/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
11:21:49 PM 04/29/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
Calling for an Assistant

He stumbled into the tunnel weakly shutting it behind him. Damn it all, my feedings are growing more and more short lived. His willed his body back onto his feet and proceeded deeper into the cavern. "I can no longer wait...hmm." His mind suddenly turned to the one that owed him the most. He smirked, "Yes, she'll do."

He found a nice, peaceful spot to mediate, it did not take him long to pick up the "scent" of the unnatural soul he'd created. He focused all his attention on her soul, summoning it to him as he would any other disembodied spirit.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

....she WILL heed my call...

[ Edited 09:41:29 AM 06/28/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
09:19:32 PM 04/30/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
Forest Friends

Eswyn was cautious as he entered the passageway. The torches were already lit, the smell of smoke already circulating in the cavern. He slowly made his way to the inner chamber looking for the unexpected visitor.

“Who is here…huh,” Eswyn caught sight of a robed figure standing at the edge of the cavern’s small waterfall-feed pool.

“Haven’t forgotten you old friend, have ya,” asked robed figure without turning to face him.

“Draico,” asked Eswyn.

Draico turned to face him, “Eswyn, it’s been to long.”


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

“No, not dead…not yet,” replied Draico in a raspy voice. “I’ve been away.”

“I know that, care to say any more?” asked Eswyn as he moved closer to the torch lights. “And more importantly…how come you’re back? If can’t be a social call,” he said with a chuckle.

Draico also chuckled breathlessly, “Yes, afraid not. I’ve need of the island once again.” He moved away from the pool’s edge, small strings of goo still attached to him dripping along the floor as he moved. “You’ve kept the lair in good shape. The other’s have been well out for some time.”

“I never see anybody here at all, I like that. Everyone’s gone…missing, presumed dead. Ashan still lives on the island, I do know that. But I hear little about him.”

“I see, shame; you were always the dependable one,” replied Draico not entirely sure wither Eswyn was being completely honest.

“Drake leaves signs here but I’ve never actually seen him. Everyone else…just gone,” said Eswyn with a shrug.

“Then it should make my request easier,” announced Draico as he turned to face the pool again.

“Your request,” asked Eswyn.

Draico paused for a moment, “As you can see,” he raised his skeletal hand with small strings of good leaking to the floor, “I’ve had some set backs.” Even without looking, Draico could tell Eswyn was disgusted and rightly so. “I need a safe place to build a laboratory. This place.”

“Huh, a laboratory. I don’t mind, just don’t blow the place up. I have my own works to plan.”

Draico let out a raspy chuckle, “Oh, that’s behind me now. I will require a few well chosen assistants.”

“Assistants?”

“People I worked with in the past, professionals…if they’re still alive.”

“Fair enough. I’m sure they can be found, if they are…anyone in particular?”

Draico watched him for a moment. Could he really not know of danger I posed to Poisonwood with the obelisk experiment? He decided to make the riskier choice and spoke up, “Members of the Left Hand of Darkness. Colleagues I trust.”

“I know the name from somewhere…but you’ll have to remind me. I rarely leave these woods and I’m probably behind on things.”

“Masters of death magic, as I was…am”

[ Edited 09:20:01 PM 04/30/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
04:48:43 AM 05/01/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
Snack Time

The rat struggled in vain against Draico's skeletal grip. It screeched in horror as a red aura surronded it. In mere seconds the rat was nothing more then a withered husk; it's bones clearly visible through it's patchy leathery skin. Draico tossed it in the pile with the others.

"Not enough," he growled. He could already feel his body slowly beginning to deteriorate again. It was becoming apparent that the dwindling rat population would not be enough to give him the concentration he needed to configure a decent plan. "Must find more. More!"

All across the island...


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

corpses began appearing....


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

horrible twisted husks of their former selves...


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

even wildlife was not spared this terrible fate


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

...have to figure out a better way.

[ Edited 02:22:04 AM 05/07/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
05:22:59 PM 05/06/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
Preparing for the Festivities

The knight watched the road eeriely silent road as was his duty. The sun had just fallen over the horizon coating the land in darkness. Even with the other knights just feet away it did not stop the ominous silence or sinking feeling in his stomache. In the absence of any breeze every sound seemed to amplify, suddenly he heard what sounded like foot steps in the grass nearing his position but saw nothing moving through the night's surrondings. He worried looked to his partner on the other side of the road who seemed to be echoeing his fear. Then silence. Nothing moved. Suddenly a man's fearfuly yell broke the silence. The knight turned to see his partner yanked into a pictch black mist.


<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>

He drew his sword, watching wide-eyed as shapes swirled in the nothingness, the continous bloodcurdling screams of his fellow knight ringing in his ears then suddenly...nothing. All was quiet again except for the Knight's heartbeat filling his ears. Then...a smell. The foulest smell that had ever strunken his nose. It was so foul he felt his stomach turning. In an instant he realized it was coming from behind him. He turned, wide-eyed and horrified just in time to see a skeletal hand grip his face.

The knight's final gasps of frieght were drawned from his as was the rest of everything that made him alive. His face went gaunt, his armor slid off his emaciated body.

Once Draico finished abosbing the last of the knight's lifeforce he tossed the withered husk aside. He breathed in the night air with renewed vigour.

Aaaa, yes, much better. Enough to sustain me for meeting, thought Draico as he clenched his fist, adjusting to strength returning to his muscles.

"I heard it over here," called another knight, he was loudly running to Draico's location.

Draico looked his other, skeletal hand over for a moment, "Well...maybe a little more couldn't hurt..."


((Planning on having the "Rumored" meeting happen next weekend, 5/15. All who've figured out the puzzle are welcome to make their pressence known. If enough people don't show I'll do the meeting through Forum Posts instead.))


[ Edited 05:23:32 PM 05/06/10 ]

You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Ramana Jala
02:29:47 PM 05/11/10

Registered Member #1033
Joined: 07:18:42 PM 04/24/07
Location: Traveling the Planes
Posts: 1094
Ramana had just visited Issen on a courier task for Hantar. She'd stopped for a moment to enjoy the brisk air and the view across the mountains, leaning against a boulder that hid her from the view of anyone who might approach the tower. From her repose, she heard another come to visit, someone with a sickish raspy breathing. Something about it struck her curiosity, so she followed inside and noiselessly hid near a bookcase, behind the person whose vision was narrowed by a helm and focused ahead on his intent. The person was nearly completely covered, in a long mage's robe, but in the dim light of the ground floor, she could see a bone arm partially exposed above long gauntlets. Ramana watched from the shadows as the mysterious person entered the portal to Issen's study, but did not follow. Instead, she went outside and waited in the deep shadows around the side of the tower.

After a few minutes, the person came out of the tower, and seeming very annoyed, let loose a blast of energy that withered all the green to a dead brown in a radius about him. Then he left, and Ramana followed at a respectable distance, as he went east in the direction of Hamley. Even though the person put on an invisibility spell, his tracks were easy enough to follow in the little-trafficked area. Especially because of the scent... there was an odd icky foul-smelling stringy goo in the mysterious person's tracks.

But Ramana wanted to see the person's appearance and what actions he might make, so she ducked behind a hill to put on a seeing spell. She caught back up with him as he stopped near the goblin camp. He seemed to be dripping a gooey pus and bits of putrid decay.

She was wary of being caught in the line of fire of any spell, so she stayed at distance, and hid behind trees and rocks. But she could still see what was going on. He went into the goblins' camp, and set upon the creatures there, in a most remarkable way. With horrified fascination, she watched as, with one after another, he grabbed them with his bone arm, by the face or by the chest, and seemed to suck the life out of them, the creatures shriveling and dropping to the ground as mere husks. Remarkably, his dripping rot seemed to repair a bit after he withdrew the energies from the creatures.

She wondered who this necromatic person could possibly be. She heard him mutter something, that sounded like "disgusting snacks", but it was so muffled by his helm and his voice was so hoarse and raspy, that it didn't sound like anyone she knew of. The person sounded male, but even that might have been disputable.

He continued east, and stopped again as he noticed some bugbears. He got their attention with a spell missle and they rushed to him. He cast darkness around the group, and Ramana couldn't see what was happening. She snuck perilously closer, and although she still couldn't see much, she could hear sounds of scuffle and some other odd sounds that made her skin crawl. As the darkness began to lift, she saw a red glow, and then as the darkness cleared, she saw that the red glow was coming from the necromancer's skeletal hand laying on the chest of a bugbear, the glow seeming to increase in intensity as it sucked out the creature's life. When she saw this, she quickly covered her mouth with her hand to avoid broadcasting her gasp of amazement.

The necromancer seemed to be more energetic than when she had first started to follow him, with an aura of super-power that likely came from all the lifeforce he had just absorbed. He paused to animate one of the bugbear corpses, and spoke to it like a pet. She could hear him say, "I want more. Come along, dawgy.... We're gonna have ourselves an old-style barbeque." Since she was fairly close, and he had spoken up fairly loudly to his minion, she could hear his voice a bit better. She still didn't recognize the voice per se, but what the raspy voice had said was in a dialect that seemed somewhat familiar to her. A unique and human dialect, that she had heard before... from only one person.... No... it couldn't be him, could it?

(continued)



Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist


Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives


Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Back to top
Ramana Jala
02:30:49 PM 05/11/10

Registered Member #1033
Joined: 07:18:42 PM 04/24/07
Location: Traveling the Planes
Posts: 1094
She followed him carefully into the bugbear lands, where with his minion and other summoned undead and spectres, he continued to cause chaos and draw in lifeforce from the dying. She could hear him mutter with amusement, "Run, snacks, run." She watched the spectacle, hiding behind rocks and in the shadows of hills, watching his victims shrivel under the glow of his skeletal hand.

[ image disabled ]

When he was finished there, he headed towards the spider-infested area. She couldn't see him anymore, and thought for a moment she'd nearly run into him, being alerted by a fainter smell of death and the sound of swishing robes, in time to cling to a tree and avoid him. She followed the trail of disturbed leaves and prints towards Hamley. She wondered if he might eat spider energy, too, as she listened for sounds of scuffle and looked for his tracks in order to follow him. But she heard no more sounds of his feeding upon creatures. She wondered if she could conceal herself adequately in the forest to put on another seeing spell, but since he might be satiated and pressing on, she didn't want to take the time to find a place to cast the spell. She finally saw the walls of Hamley, and continued to follow his trail, until when she reached the road, the many footprints of recent traffic coming and going both eastward and southward made it impossible to tell which footprints belonged to the necromage. She chose the direction towards the Watch, not sure if she'd already lost him, and when she reached the Watch stayed there for a moment, but the tracks around there seemed not so fresh, and she was afraid she had indeed lost his trail.

She went to a hill overlooking the road and stood there thinking about what she'd seen and heard. She'd only ever heard that particular dialect of word usage from Draico. Could this actually be Draico, returned, and in some new more horrific capacity? If it truly was Draico... she found it hard to believe. The way this necromancer so powerfully withdrew the lifeforce from his victims, she'd never seen Draico shrivel creatures like that before. Not that she had ever known a whole lot about Draico's private activities, though. But this mage was so radical, and a lot more scary, and really gross with that dripping gooey pus, that abated after he had sucked out the creatures' life. She had thought Draico crazy before, but if this was really him, he'd transformed into a veritable lich, and she didn't know if any of his humanity would be left towards her. She suddenly had gotten a whole lot more careful about letting her stealth and guard down away from well-inhabited areas.


[ Edited 02:35:15 PM 05/11/10 ]


Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist


Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives


Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Back to top
Felix Headwinkle
12:36:55 PM 05/14/10

Registered Member #960
Joined: 08:07:50 PM 01/21/07
Posts: 644
[bump]

((Planning on having the "Rumored" meeting happen next weekend, 5/15. All who've figured out the puzzle are welcome to make their pressence known. If enough people don't show I'll do the meeting through Forum Posts instead. Meeting will be around 12-5 pm PDT. ))


You've just been Felix-ed!
Back to top
Lord_shade
07:59:00 PM 05/14/10

Registered Member #1429
Joined: 08:02:37 AM 05/04/09
Location: Never never land
Posts: 493
Alton was rather interested in this meeting.. So interested he decided to send a messenger!

This is what he did:
1. find a child.
2. turns its head 180 degrees around
3. raise it.
4. send it off.
5. ???
6. Profit!

And now he plays the waiting game.

Miggen, stay away from my cakes!
---

Yeah, I'm mostly retired... Though I do drop by from time to time.
Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 26, Members: 2 ...
barakka viewing forum.php
Omedoom viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1879
Newest member: CyberDeath

Now Playing
1. Cal Riz
2. Dragan Kruskal
3. Elvalith Nain
4. Orikken Steelbrand
Render time: 0.0972 sec, 0.0110 of that for queries. DB queries: 30.