| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Payne
02:50:12 PM 02/20/20
I believe it is a blank space

Falkala
02:33:15 PM 02/20/20
I'm gonna be at work til 6-7 PST, Am. I can take a look after that. Is the name a blank space or a question mark?

Corlupi
11:37:13 AM 02/20/20
Actually, nevermind.

Amracil
11:23:43 AM 02/20/20
No real rush.

Amracil
11:22:56 AM 02/20/20
@Falkala. I am still getting the "this character was created by someone else... log in with that player name to use this character" message.

Corlupi
04:33:54 AM 02/20/20
Lom = Evendithus.

Corlupi
04:33:40 AM 02/20/20
Darn, Lom beat me to my post. Could I ask a moderator to kindly move my latest post in Enter the Void to precede Lom's two.

archgrendel
09:39:35 PM 02/19/20
*waves to Am! *

Falkala
08:59:28 PM 02/19/20
Hey Am! I'm at work at the moment, but are you getting kicked again? I thought our last fix stuck

Amracil
07:13:47 PM 02/19/20
Falkala... if you see this... any chance you can help me get my doppelganger sorted in-game? Many thanks!

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Those who shield - The Tales of a Dwarf
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Just Miggen, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Yeetamart
02:23:51 PM 04/11/10

Registered Member #1271
The tales of Kainan of clan Bronzefoot

Earlier life:
Kainan spent the time on the ship thinking about the family he had left. His father; a mid ranked Hammer of Moradin had been more outside of the clan area than inside, but he had still taught Kainan the importance of the gods. He didn’t know much of his mother, he had barely talked to her after his childhood ended and his father got the responsibility of raising him. The greatest memories from his life in Citadel Adbar was those of his grandfather; a hero in their small clan. A ferocious battlerager, and one of the toughest in the area when it came to alcohol.

When the time came for his father to find Kainan a profession, his grandfather wanted him to join his former battlerager squad, but Kainans father had already chosen where to send his son. Being a deeply religious man, he wanted his son to do his apprenticeship for the church. Of reasons unknown to Kainan, he was not sent to the church of Moradin, like his father had been, but rather to the church of Gorm Gylthyn, the guardian of all dwarves. There Kainan was trained in the ways of defense and magic by the Barakor (meaning “Those who shield”), warpriests of great power. Kainans skills were clearly better on the martial side than the divine, and in the end he became a paladin instead of a cleric.

Kainan was never really told why he was sent to continue his training outside, but he suspected it had something to do with the church of Marthammor Duin, god of wandering dwarves and a close ally to the church of Gorm. Traveling south-westwards, and constantly sending letters with his location to the church, he did what he could for the dwarves he encountered, which was not much considering the little combat training he had gotten before leaving. After an assignment in Waterdeep he was tired of walking. Even for a dwarf, 800 miles is a long distance. He spent the rest of his money to get aboard a ship. All those human names were too confusing, so he chose at random, it did not matter if he went north towards Luskan, or south towards Baldur’s Gate. Where else would a ship be going?

[ Edited 02:24:56 PM 04/11/10 ]

Welcome to the Island of Thain forum: The #1 Alternative to Having a Pillow Fight in a Burning Building

Abhijat Hemendra - Eastern scimitar master & Steinkreis Knight Errant - Disturbed - Innocence - Promotion thread
Agnarr son of Gorm - Uthgardt Shaman - Bathory - Mother Earth Father Thunder - IC thread
Kainan of Clan Bronzefoot - Red Dwarf - Manowar - Let The Gods Decide - IC thread
Dworic of Clan Shieldhoarder - Trader
Yeetamart
02:25:16 PM 04/11/10

Registered Member #1271
The arrival:
At last land was in sight. Kainan could finally get his feet of the blasted boat, or ship or whatever the seamen chose to call it. Shaking his head to himself, he mumbled an old saying about dwarves and water. At last his feet were firmly planted on the ground again. He bent over and threw up one last time into the sea; the taste had become all too familiar to him. Staggering back to his feet, Kainan swore to never travel across the sea again, unless it would lead to damage to another dwarf of course.

The horror when he learned he was on an island was unimaginable.

Welcome to the Island of Thain forum: The #1 Alternative to Having a Pillow Fight in a Burning Building

Abhijat Hemendra - Eastern scimitar master & Steinkreis Knight Errant - Disturbed - Innocence - Promotion thread
Agnarr son of Gorm - Uthgardt Shaman - Bathory - Mother Earth Father Thunder - IC thread
Kainan of Clan Bronzefoot - Red Dwarf - Manowar - Let The Gods Decide - IC thread
Yeetamart
01:23:45 PM 04/12/10

Registered Member #1271
Kainan found a place to stay a little inland, far enough so he did not have to hear the waves. He decided that before he could do more for Gorms cause, he needed to compensate his low fighting skills with better equipment. Doing small tasks for the local humans, and small raids to the local goblins (crushing goblins is always enjoyable) he managed to get a few gold pieces over time.

One day he was approached by one of the local guards. The guy thought he could beat a group of dwarves in a drinking contest. Kainan applauded the guards self-esteem, but silently pitied him in case he tried. Being informed of the dwarven drinking contest, Kainan decided he should give it a try. Of cource he wouldn’t win, but he might make some friends and get to know this Hammersong.

A few days later, Kainan was having a conversation with an elf for the first time. The elf was not as strange as Kainans grandfather had told him all elves were. He was in fact a rather enjoyable person. After mentioning the drinking contest, they decided to travel south together, as the elf had some business further south. They were in for a surprise. Instead of seeing a bear killing kobolds, as Kainan had seen the other time he was traveling south, there was a strange winged creature killing a bear. The companions were staring wide-eyed as the creature finished the bear and flew straight for them. Kainan covered behind his shield and attacked. Luckily the elf was an extraordinary fighter; Kainan had never seen anyone fight as fast as that! The creature was down in a pool of blood, its own blood, after a short time. Kainan understood he likely would have died if he was traveling alone, so he dearly thanked the elf for traveling with him. None of them had ever seen a creature like that one; it was reptilian, with wings, almost like the picture of a dragon, but clearly something else. Further south they encountered another similar beast. This one was fighting kobolds, so they tried to sneak past. If it hadn’t been for the small detail that a dwarf wearing plate armor sneaks as loud as a rabid dragon, they would surely have succeeded, but alas, one cannot always succeed. Luckily, this creature flew away after studying the two a few seconds. Three reasons came to Kainans mind: It wasn’t hungry anymore, it preferred its food without metal or it could smell the blood of its kin. It didn’t really matter as they soon came to the Hammersong gates.

Jump:     Back to top