| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Jandari
09:20:06 AM 07/18/19
I hope they don't screw it up.

Vaeltava
06:10:35 PM 07/17/19
Well, that's some news, Jandari.

Jandari
03:46:49 PM 07/17/19

wisdombeyondages
03:09:14 PM 07/17/19
Its part of why so many dont post much. I am 10-12 hours behind on posts.

scratch_flannigan
02:48:12 PM 07/17/19
Good to see you back, Zhymm !

Jandari
01:02:18 PM 07/17/19
I feel your pain, Zhymm.

Zhymm
11:39:30 AM 07/17/19
Decided to drop in, started going through all the forum posts, mainly IC stuff, since my last visit. Whew, that was a lot of reading. Well, more like 'skimming' than reading. I think I'm caught up on events since my last visit months ago. How do you folks generate so much content so quickly? It takes my hours just to create and compose a 'short' IC post.

Daenre
09:45:30 PM 07/15/19
hey all been a long time since I poked my head in, still haven't gotten round to getting the remaster of nwn, but I miss this place terribly. one day I'll get the upgrade xD hope you all are having fun and are still making some awesome stories together

Falkala
02:04:51 PM 07/15/19
-Clickedy- Thain Patreon is up, for those who would like to help us with the server costs.

Jandari
10:51:59 AM 07/15/19

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
(Preferred Customers) What happens in the alley...
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Falkala, Payne, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Dizzy-D2
10:08:28 PM 04/07/10

Registered Member #1536
[ image disabled ]

Some alleyway within the slums

"Yes!" cheers a rather gaunt, middle aged man in less-than-new clothing as he beats the high roll of the dice, putting a large pile of gold in his favor. "I'm not goin' home empty handed tonight!"

A stout dwarf and a stocky man curse and throw their earnings towards the man.

"One more time. Ya can't win again. No' gonna 'appen!" the dwarf hollers as he slams down another handful of his own coins, as does the stocky man, jeering in behind him.

The gaunt man seems rather hesitant, lighting a strangely colored cigarette as he says, "I'm not too sure...I think I can live with this small fortune I've been so...lucky...to attain."

The two begin to mock the man
"Ooooooooh, skinny's 'fraid ta lose 'is arse!"

Taking in a deep drag from his cigarette while holding back a smirk, the gaunt man replies, "Well, good sir, I can't say I'm one who knows my limits." He gathers and rolls the die rather quickly and without a moment to spare.

"WOOO!" exclaims the man, clearly getting an undeniable roll. "Good challenge, ole fellas. I must really be going now" he states as he haphazardly gathers the dice first, followed by the heap of coins laid out before the group. "See you around!"

Veins pulse visibly through the heads of both competitors who are obviously angered by their loss
"Wha's tha hurray, lad?! Ya got som'in' ta hide?! Le' us see those dice ya got up so fast!"

Sweat beads down the side of the man's face
"I would love to, But I-I really must be go-"

The two block the exit, shove him to the narrow wall, and snatch the dice before he can spit the words from his mouth
"BLOODY RIGGED!" shouts the dwarf at the top of his lungs. "Oooh HOO boy, ye be in a baaad place now" he lowers his voice as he reaches for a dagger on his belt.

Just then a large silhouette passes by the entrance of the alley, but backsteps once to get a glimpse of the action
"Hmmm...some good ole fashioned fun back here, eh?" says the large man as takes note of the colored cigarette clenched between the dreadful lips of the gaunt man, and offers him an assuring wink.

The two attackers turn to see who has intruded on their justification but are unable to make out the armored man's face, as a cloud of thick smoke from his cigar covers his face as it spreads down the narrow back alley
"Tha's none o' yer business! Git yer goin'!" exlaims one of the two.

Catching a glimpse of the thin man's pleading eyes, the intruder closes the distance between him and the group
"There seems t' be a lotta tension in this back alley. Mayb' a nice smoke'd calm yer nerver a bit? I got plenn'y've differn' flavors, styles, all with their own 'ffects" says the man hooded by smoke as he extends a pack of smokes. "All fer a reason'ble price. Hell, Th' firs' one's on me. How bout y' jus' let th' man go...he prob'ly needed th' cash fer drugs'r somethin' anyway" his says as his grin is concealed by smoke.

Still angry, one of the two turns his attention to the intruder
"He said "GIT YER GOIN'!" " the stocky man yells, drooling savagely as he screams. Following this, for foolish reasons unknown, he snatches the pack from the man's hand and stomps it on the ground. "GIT YER GOIN' 'FORE I GUT YA!"

The man tosses one more glance over to the thin man at knifepoint.
-----------------------------------
The next morning a small group of travelers report finding two corpses; a stocky human and a dwarf, in a back alley. No clues were found as to who had committed such an act, as each corpse had been savagely beaten, and had a cigarette crammed deep into each eye socket, still smoking.

[ Edited 05:45:41 AM 12/20/15 ]

Crauser: (Unexpected Acquaintances) Along for the Ride; (Preferred Customers) What happens in the alley...; Women and Children, First; The Things We Do...
Lao Sho Quan: Enter: The Demon
Ahab Blackwell: By Demons Be Drunken // Nine(9)ty-Nine Bottles of Rum

Jump:     Back to top