| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.

Forums
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Dontella
07:04:24 AM 04/02/10

Registered Member #1004
From the moment we are born, we immediately begin to die. This is a truth for all creatures and beings, all races and people. Even the gods can fall to death, it has happened in times long past and most likely shall happen in times again.

In this, I am no different from any other. It is only in the manner, that variation begins to occur.

My mother carried the plague, upon my birth. The shattered shell of a woman clinging to life giving form to the shattered shell of an infant struggling to claim it. The impacts of such, were staggering.. even now.

I find myself resilient to most physical illnesses, but that does not matter. What I am left with is an aching fever that runs through the flush of my veins, it burns my blood and leaves me breathless. I'm dead already, in the metaphorical sense. It's simply just a matter of time until metaphor becomes reality, and the burning ache consumes me utterly and leaves but a shell in place. As I grow older, the ache grows more intense until it is all I can do but to contain it.

Yet my mind is sharp, a grace, which enables me to begin to seek a solution to this death which has taken hold over me. Be it a path of the arcane, or a course of the divine.. or even an unholy damnation, no cost is too much to stop me. I will conquer this and thrive.

You may think me a monster.. but then how can anyone who does not walk in death, have room to judge me? Well perhaps I am. Yet I hear of an island of youth where death holds no grasp over those who walk amidst the grasses and below the rains. A place where I might seek out that which eludes me. An island called Thain might be a place to extend my life..

Or just be a place to be buried in. Time alone will have answer.

~Beatrice

[ Edited 07:05:22 AM 04/02/10 ]

I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Dontella
05:32:21 PM 04/02/10

Registered Member #1004
In my illness, certain adjustments have been made and studies undertaken. Where shall I begin?

I only consume foods that have not been cooked, still raw is the way in which I take a necessary sustenence. Once cooked it's as if the foods have become an aspect of death, leaving my stomach in turmoil and queasiness. It is simply more palatable to me to consume meals in their more 'natural' state.

Through studies I have created an herbal mixture that is infused into a rich red wine. Drinking this I am able to, for a time, alleviate the constant sensation of pain which the fever burns inside of me. Willow Bark, for pain.. Nettle, Burdock, and Hawthorn, to name a few. I keep a ready supply inside the flask at my hip, a collection of new leaves will be required soon to create more.

I have also taken up a study of necromancy and healing arts.

Well I'm sure anyone reading this journal is scandalized, now. After all necromancers are pale, fragile old men who look like an incarnation of death.. skulking about in dank tombs in their fluttering black robes, right?

Wrong.

Granted, I am wearing black. The garment was inexpensive and loose fitting, thus I purchased it regardless of color. I plan to make it something more colorful when I can find a hue of dye that does not look like something a two year old threw up after eating too much spun sugar candy at the yuletides festival. But I digress..

Understand that magic in any form is only as dark or as light as the person who wields it. Yet for some reason necromancy has a negative stigma that causes the masses to frown and draw back in a fear, due to lack of understanding. Certainly yes, necromancy can and indeed has been used to raise those of the death and give them an aspect of unlife. This can not be denied.

But necromancers can destroy the undead with a single spell. Healing, regeneration of the body, restoration of the flesh, curing of diseases and illness.. all of these are a basis of necromancy too, and I have yet to see anyone decline the aid of a healer when it was offered.

If you want a truly dark magic, one could say it's found moreso in those who practice the school of magic known as enchantment. Control of the mind, destruction of free-will.. they can rip out your ability to choose your own path, taking dominion like some dark tyrant.

Yet I shall see to a collection of leaves and roots, and leave off this ramble for now.

~Beatrice

I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Jump:     Back to top