| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Through newborn eyes: A story of chaos ((mild gore and violence in some posts))
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
legolasgirl1987
09:15:29 PM 03/18/10
Registered Member #1239
“Ugh... damn Slaadi. I should kill them all.”
“Mina, you should go see a priest; you haven't been feeling well since that Slaadi attack last week.”
“I am fine, dammit! I don't need to go see a priest. I need to finish this Slaadi poison before I....”
“Before you what?” He eyed her a moment before a realization came to him. “…you’re infected, aren’t you?! That does it; we are marching straight up to the temple and getting a priest!”
“No! I need to finish this poison, I'm going to test it on the egg...if it works, then I know it is ready.”
“But Mina...you have never been good at magic. The last experiment of yours backfired on you and now you can only use magic formed by your breath. You are so accident-prone…please Mina, don't give your life away for this.”

Mina had heard enough and slammed the door to her room in her friend’s face. She locked and warded her door with her odd breath-magic to stop any intrusions; she was so close now, so close to finding a way to get rid of those Slaadi, that she dare not stop now. The Slaadi egg buried within her chest was a constant reminder of how accident-prone she really was. It was Mina who had accidentally opened a portal to Limbo, it was Mina who, when trying to close the portal, caused it to expand into a tear between the planes. She hated herself, she truly despised herself, she always did the wrong thing. Not on purpose of course, but it was her fault all the same.

Years ago Mina had angered a priest of Beshaba and was cursed with bad luck…MAJOR bad luck. She had tried to make amends but was unsuccessful. So, she spent most of her days inside where her bad luck couldn't hurt anybody. She had been convinced by her friends to finally come back outside. That was, however, until she opened the portal by accident; since then, she stayed indoors, trying to rectify her mistake. Every day she got weaker and weaker, the egg sapping her life force to sustain itself.

The council of wizards had stood by for long enough; they had to do something about Mina. Her friend had told them of her being infected, and this made them spring into action. They grabbed a priest from the temple nearby and told him of the situation. Then, they marched their way through the tower to Mina's room. It had been a week since she slammed the door in her friend’s face; at first, they talked about barging in, but realized that they should at least give her a chance to come out by herself. Knocking on the door they waited…nothing. No sound, no response. They tried again…once again…nothing, no sound, no response of any kind. They nodded to each other, and, after dispelling the wards on the door, they burst through. What they saw was not a pretty sight.

A small green Slaad; sitting on top of what used to be an elf, eating away at the remains. The gasps from the wizards startled the Slaad and he scrambled off of the bed and ran between the legs of the wizards. Quickly realizing what happened, the wizards gave chase and tried to stop the little beast before it got away. The Slaad turned the corner and spun around; as the wizards came around the corner he breathed out a spray of acid at them. As they groaned in pain, the Slaad took the opportunity to run as fast as his little legs could.

As he got outside the tower his instincts kicked in and he ran as fast as he could towards the planar tear. The wizards soon came rushing after him, casting spells left, right and center in a pure rage. But as with all things their spells didn't come out so well as their focus was completely gone. One of those wizards realized this and yelled out at the top of his voice to the other wizards trying to seal the tear up. “GET THAT SLAAD!!!” The wizards stopped their work and glanced to the small green Slaad running their way.

They started casting defensive spells to protect themselves. The Slaad noticed this and took a deep breath; before the wizards could finish their castings, a stinking cloud of gas poured out from the Slaad's mouth. The stench dazed the wizards long enough for the Slaad to run through their legs and towards the tear. One of the wizards giving chase cast a spell and blew the cloud of gas away. They were gaining on the little creature now, every one of his steps met by three steps of theirs.

The Slaad was getting tired…his little legs were not ready for such running...but his survival instincts were taking hold. The wizards were literally inches away.

The Slaad screamed at the top of his voice, stunning the wizards, and then he was off again, moving a lot faster than before. They could only watch as the Slaad jumped through the tear and dove into the stream of chaos. The Arch-mage sighed and ordered the tear closed immediately. The last image that those wizards saw was the Slaad floating down the stream laughing all the way.

Phoenix Anisai - Hin Druid of Enthaet, Shapewalker and Keeper of Thain. A Keeper's Struggle - Little Wolf
Yuggorath - Green Slaad Mage, Slaad Lord of the Material Plane.Chaos Reborn
Melinda Featherfoot - "Little White" Hinkin, Draconic Musician.
Angelica "Angel" Flightfoot - Hin Archer, Nature Walker

Millia Anisai-Brushe - Hin Locksmith, The Scarlet Shadow.
Litiana Jr'enei - Poisonwood Elf, Necromancer.
Kelsy Clearwater - Hin Bloodmage, Copper Dragonkin.
Linposi Samwir - Gnomish Artificer, Merchant.
Lilliana "Lillypad" Lokoti - Hin Musician, Writer of Tales.Lilly's Book of Songs, Poems and Tales
Amanda Blake - Mute Sorceress

“My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton
Website
legolasgirl1987
12:59:37 AM 04/02/10
Registered Member #1239
Growing up, Yuggorath was always different from other Slaadi. No one quite knew why, but there were many theories…one of which being this: while he was trying to escape from the chaos of his birth-place, one of those mages managed to hit him with a stray spell; however, the effects weren't found out until after he grew up. The area where his egg sac was supposed to be had been damaged badly and the egg sack was unable to form. Strangely enough this never bothered Yuggorath any, as he just saw it as another reason he was special.

Without need to go to the Spawning stone, he found other things to occupy his time. While the other Slaadi were busy with their mating frenzies, Yuggorath was busy perfecting his use of magic. He certainly needed help with it; like the wizard he spawned from, Yuggorath was very accident prone. And it was one such accident that earned him the interest of Ygorl, the Slaad lord of Entropy.

Yuggorath was trying to cast a protection spell, one he had seen other Slaadi casting. This yielded an unexpected accident, though, as instead of succeeding with this protection spell he ended up changing into a Pixie. Ygorl, who had been casually observing Yuggorath for some time, noticed this and started keeping a closer eye on him. There was no doubt in his mind that Yuggorath was more powerful than other green Slaadi, and therein lied the problem. If he began to get too powerful, he could challenge the Slaad Lords and stand a good chance of killing them.

Fortunately for Ygorl, as he continued to observe Yuggorath, he realized that the newly-hatched Slaadi was very accident prone. That little trait offset any power he could amass, and so, undaunted, Ygorl began to take a vested interest in Yuggorath. When he realized that Yuggorath could not breed, he became more relaxed. He was unique no doubt, and his skills made him an excellent guard, which was what they needed. Most of the other Slaadi, however, hadn't noticed what was going on; it was mating season, after all, so their only concern was getting their eggs fertilized.

The Inevitables of Mechanus (lawful constructs with the goal of bringing order and justice to wherever they saw chaos) had somehow found their way to Limbo. Once the Slaadi mating frenzy had ended, Ygorl gave the blue Slaadi (who had finally seized the spawning stone to fertilize their egg-sacs) the go ahead to go implant their eggs into hosts. The rest of the Slaadi were told of the arrival of the Inevitables who were teaming up with the Githzerai to bring order to Limbo.

The Chaotic Moors of Ryntisthius were the nearest to the advancing armies of order, so that is where the Slaadi swarmed to. Usually it is not in the nature of Slaadi to be so organized, but they all understood the reasons why. If the armies of order were to gain a foothold on Limbo the entire plane would begin to change, begin to order itself according to their will; this was the unthinkable and most despicable scenario to all creatures of chaos.

The Slaadi could not allow such to happen; chaos was their way of life, and they could not allow Limbo to become caged by order. So onward they swarmed, chaotically, but with a resolute purpose: to stop the armies of order from achieving their goal. Never before had the Slaadi had such a purpose. Most importantly, the biggest motivation of all, which flowed through all of them, was the raw, frenzied instinct of survival.

Not too long after they set out, they reached the Moors of Ryntisthius, and saw it…the army of order. There were hundreds of Githzerai riding their Gormeel Slaadi mounts, and there were the constructs, the Inevitables of Mechanus; with a thundering clatter, they were all charging towards the Slaadi, seemingly eager for battle. Yuggorath looked around and saw the looks on the faces of his allies ranging from concerned to terrified; shaking his head, he stood out in front of them and spoke out.

“This army may look formidable, but we are Slaadi, the very definition of chaos! And we will not let them take over our plane! They may have their order and their lawful ways, but we have the power of anarchy. We know this plane better than they do…we ARE this plane! Are we going to sit around and watch them bring order to our plane?! Will we sit by and watch while they make the sky ‘up’ and the ground ‘down’ and make things always fall downwards?!” The other Slaadi shook their heads with a fierce determination. “Then, my Slaadi brothers, let us show these lawful scumbags what happens when you mess with the pureness of Chaos!!” With a roar of defiance, the army of anarchy began its chaotic march towards the army of order.

[ Edited 06:14:58 AM 04/02/10 ]

Phoenix Anisai - Hin Druid of Enthaet, Shapewalker and Keeper of Thain. A Keeper's Struggle - Little Wolf
Yuggorath - Green Slaad Mage, Slaad Lord of the Material Plane.Chaos Reborn
Melinda Featherfoot - "Little White" Hinkin, Draconic Musician.
Angelica "Angel" Flightfoot - Hin Archer, Nature Walker

Millia Anisai-Brushe - Hin Locksmith, The Scarlet Shadow.
Litiana Jr'enei - Poisonwood Elf, Necromancer.
Kelsy Clearwater - Hin Bloodmage, Copper Dragonkin.
Linposi Samwir - Gnomish Artificer, Merchant.
Lilliana "Lillypad" Lokoti - Hin Musician, Writer of Tales.Lilly's Book of Songs, Poems and Tales
Amanda Blake - Mute Sorceress

“My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton
Website

Jump:     Back to top