The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Declaration of War
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Doorman
07:47:49 PM 12/28/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
Joined: 06:18:15 PM 04/11/04
Posts: 2668
A notice is posted at several places of respite and gathering across the isle.

People of Thain,

Today, the Nation of Thay declared war on our island by devastating the peaceful village of Davenshire. Hundreds were killed in the blast, and the scattered Hin survivors now hold refuge in the noble city of Greenvale.

You have shown your fury in the immediate hostile response to the assault, but only fifty mercenaries were killed in that battle, and not a single Red Wizard among them. This war is far from over. The Thayans have holed up inside their magically secured Enclave, and while their men die and their land burns, their filthy Enclave stands yet. Within, a force of mages continually summons more men from the mainland, as well as demons and devils to protect their foothold on our isle. Thayan ships still land troops all across our coasts, while their wizards search for a means to cripple and belittle us further.

I am issuing a ten thousand coin bounty for the robed bodies of any of the Thayan wizard leaders.
Five thousand for the shattered frames of their elites.

Mercenaries who deal with the Thayans, as well as anyone who harbors or aids them in this time of war are enemies of Thain, and shall be given no measure of mercy.

People of Thain, I call you to aid me in this our time of need. We will show the Thayans that there is naught to be gained from us but blood, steel, and fury.

Lord Commander Jeri Theed Orman
Of the Circle Defense Forces
And the Unseen Legion abroad


((PCs looking to join the war effort may post here their contributions to the assault on the Thayans or their efforts to break the siege. Also accepted are posts involving the assistance of the Davenshire refugees, as that is a fallout of this event.))


[ Edited 10:06:16 PM 12/28/09 ]

Back to top
Doorman
07:58:21 PM 12/28/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
Joined: 06:18:15 PM 04/11/04
Posts: 2668
Soon after, a letter is delivered to the Enclave via an arrow fired over the fortress wall, during a period of retreat on the part of the besieging people of Thain.

Thayan Leaders,

Five centuries ago, the Circle took offense to your presence. It took two hundred and six mercenaries, nine wizards of Thay, eleven pit fiends, and summoning Azuul the Soul Razer himself to so much as make us budge, and even then, every threat put before us was destroyed. We were finally gated out of the Enclave and locked out with a force wall, but that was simply four determined adventurers.

Today, you have made the mistake of declaring war on all of Thain. Far more than four idle mages stand before your gates. None who wear your colors shall ever be safe on our island again, and every sellsword foolish enough to bear your currency will join the piles of the slain.

if you have any measure of reason, you will retreat now. Leave our island and never return. Take your slaves, take your blood money, and take your mages and go. Every second you remain pinned down in your warded Enclave is a second we have to unravel your defensive runes and get a step closer to sending your entire patch of dirt into the ocean.

But I know you are probably too proud and too conniving to simply step aside.

So it will be war then.

I won't lie and say I won't enjoy every damned second.

Jeri Theed Orman


Back to top
Doorman
08:39:54 PM 12/28/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
Joined: 06:18:15 PM 04/11/04
Posts: 2668
Faced with an infuriating pattern of invulnerability glyphs on a set of buildings he would like very much to incinerate, Jeri pens a letter to the School of Wizardry...

Back to top
Doorman
09:56:59 PM 12/28/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
Joined: 06:18:15 PM 04/11/04
Posts: 2668
With the arrival of mercenaries from across Thain to join the blockade, more tents are pitched and campfires formed, while the white banner of the C.D.F flies above the assembly...

[ image disabled ]

((If you join the siege, don't forget that your emote wand can spawn a campfire and tent! Adds to the imagery.))

[ Edited 10:09:02 PM 12/28/09 ]

Back to top
Doorman
10:05:54 PM 12/28/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
Joined: 06:18:15 PM 04/11/04
Posts: 2668
Though Jeri occasionally leaves the camp for supplies, to check on refugees, and make patrols, a flyer is posted amidst the siege camp for all mercenary assistance to read...

STANDING ORDERS

Defenders of Thain,

If you stand with us today, then I am proud to call you neighbor. Be you C.D.F, Keeper, Rightsized Knight, Hammersong Steward, or any other proper minded citizen, then I welcome you. The situation is as such: We have several Red Wizards holed up in an indestructible pair of buildings. Thayan reinforcements arrive by portal and ship every few hours, and we are frequently attacked with hostile magic. You've chosen a hell of a battleground, and I thank you for it.

Expect the unexpected, work in shifts, and stay vigilant. If you get stir crazy, here are some suggestions:

- There is a demon nest to the north that will likely get stirred against us in due time. Clear it out.

- There are patrols cut off from the Enclave all over the South Coast, so hunt them down as well.

- Farther along the coast, there is a den of sea hags and kuo toa. The Thayans are greedy, so even in this time of war they may attempt to harvest in order to supplement their coffers. Patrols will prevent this.

- Scour the Enclave grounds. Kill every Thayan dog who sets foot on our soil.

- Gather supplies for the Davenshire refugees or see to their accomodations in Greenvale.

- Finally, I understand sitting siege is boring work. Play cards. Throw dice. But hold the line.

If retreat is forced, then regroup and return as soon as you are able. We will show this slaver scum what Thain is made of.

Lord Commander Jeri Theed Orman
of the Circle Defense Forces
and the Unseen Legion abroad




[ Edited 10:06:54 PM 12/28/09 ]

Back to top
Krin
08:43:46 AM 12/29/09

Registered Member #742
Joined: 11:17:12 AM 04/16/06
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 538
A note is left at the camp, address to the Lord Commander,

Lord Commander,

You dont know me, but I can be of service in your efforts.
If you can provide me with enough quartz crystals, and a sum of twenty thousand gold pieces, I can ensure that any Thayan stepping out of the enclave doesnt live to regret it.

I can ambush them at a distance, and supervise the effort so that no one else gets caught in the effects. I pride myself on careful and judicious deployment of my traps.
A meeting can be arranged, as well as a demonstration of my capabilities. I will be at the Cobblewall should you need to reach me, and will visit your camp again soon.

William W.Windwalker, trapmaster


[ Edited 08:45:31 AM 12/29/09 ]


-Krin Desat, Half-Elf Ranger, soul mate of Jalla Desat and Alpha of pack Far-Runner
-Ifor Hillord, Dwarven Priest of Clangeddin
-William W. Windwalker, rogue and trapmaster
-Janea Desat. Daughter of Krin and Jalla Desat


It's a pretty feeling like dancing, when someone hands you the scene...
and it is similarly thrilling to hand it over to someone else... (Ramana Jala)
Back to top
Jane Galt
09:46:31 AM 12/29/09

Registered Member #1491
Joined: 08:37:55 PM 11/15/09
Location: I don't know.
Posts: 450
Before the enclave a large gold dragon, or a small green iron golem are seen pacing the area killing off anything in red that moves. Among the tents some idiot woman who seems to fancy herself an Empress or something has set up the biggest tent and decorated it lavishly. Protecting it from thieves is a summoned Celestial Sohei and a small serpentine fire dragon that anyone whose met it would know is Guanxi, the familiar of the Wu Jen of Fire.

[ image disabled ]

Zura Hailene, Wu Jen of Fire Supermassive Black Hole, Muse

Evelyn Holifeld, Thief Wetlands Escape, Assassins Creed II

Vissal, Follower of the Old Ways Lullaby, Chronicles of Narnia
Back to top
MadskillsMike
03:36:21 AM 12/30/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
Joined: 02:06:07 PM 06/17/04
Posts: 4732
The following note is posted at gathering places, and one is wrapped around a small stone and tossed by an invisible hand over the wall to the Enclave.

Citizens of Thay


For those of you who remain outside the struggle, or have been swept into it by cruel fate, I will offer the opportunity to escape the coming holocaust and return to the motherland. Find me at the crossroads hilltop or roaming the island. May Osiris guard the righteous.

Gharos


[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

Gharos (Thay) Telborea Banites
Back to top
dontyouknow
10:59:31 AM 12/30/09

Registered Member #1120
Joined: 11:36:33 PM 07/26/07
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 323
A troubled expression rested on Teron's visage as he brought quill to parchment and penned the following message:

Lord Commander Orman,

I apologize for any lack of pleasantries, but I feel I must get right to the point: The behavior of the Thayans in the matter of the destruction of Davenshire feels uncharectatistic at best. Why set themselves up to be essentially trapped in a corner by an angry island? Why set up an endless "meatgrinder", throwing away so many of their soldiers lives in a conflict that they, apparently, cannot win?

Mind you, I have only my observations and conversations with others to work with, but here are a few theories of mine in this regard:

1) The siege at the enclave serves to distract the island's defenders while the Thayans strike somewhere else.

2) Perhaps the Reds plan on unleashing a similarly destructive attack against those arrayed against their walls.

Most disturbingly, however, Zura has approached me with the following:

3) The Thayans may be being played as dupes by whoever has orchestrated the disappearance of Lord Kampher.

This seems far-fetched, even to me at this time, but I present it with her justifications for your consideration:
-Construction occuring at both the Keep in Steinkreis and the Enclave
-Wild magic zones occuring in both places
-The Red Wizards' sudden disappearance
-The timing of both events

She considers the "Wizardess", as we have come to call her, who has been seen coming and going from Kampher's Keep to be perhaps the one pulling the strings.

Zura also made mention that, if Teron were to find her, that I was to deliver a girl by the name of Tierce to you safely. Any insight into this person would be appreciated.


Your thoughts, Lord Commander?

Teron Dian
Administrator, Steinkreis School of Magic

Teron Dian - Wizard


Back to top
Yeetamart
12:29:23 PM 12/30/09

Registered Member #1271
Joined: 10:50:07 AM 03/10/08
Location: Norway
Posts: 204
A letter is sent for Jeri from Greenvale


Jeri Theed Orman, Lord Commander of the Circle Defense Forces
I hope this has reached you quickly.

On my travels on the south coast, my companion and I encountered a full sized Thayan patrol, which I am sad to inform was not annihilated. Unforeseen circumstances forced us to retread after heavily wounding two of the soldiers. Unless they leave the two behind, I hope they will be slowed long enough for a larger force to find and annihilate them. We encountered them on the road south of Greenvale, marching towards the Cobblewall Inn.

Once my wounds have healed, I will make my way to the Enclave to aid the people of Thain in keeping the siege.

Abhijat Hemendra, Knave of Steinkreis


Welcome to the Island of Thain forum: The #1 Alternative to Having a Pillow Fight in a Burning Building

Abhijat Hemendra - Eastern scimitar master & Steinkreis Knight Errant - Disturbed - Innocence - Promotion thread
Agnarr son of Gorm - Uthgardt Shaman - Bathory - Mother Earth Father Thunder - IC thread
Kainan of Clan Bronzefoot - Red Dwarf - Manowar - Let The Gods Decide - IC thread
Dworic of Clan Shieldhoarder - Trader
Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 28, Members: 0 ...

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1874
Newest member: Bingo

Now Playing
1. Felicity
2. Salahka
3. Scragg
Render time: 0.0920 sec, 0.0092 of that for queries. DB queries: 33.