| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Search for the Sovereign II
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Amracil
01:27:11 PM 12/14/09
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
Previous is here.

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sar’rel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
Amracil
03:05:18 PM 12/14/09
I'm Watching You

Registered Member #273
The request to appear was not to be ignored. He rushed in, remaining unseen until opening the final door.

Listening carefully, he knew this one was important. There was little room for error. And if there was an error it would be his head on the end of a spear, one way or the other.

Two ways to look at it. Danger. Opportunity. He knew which way he was going to interpret it. And it began with a special gift from the boss: time with "the twins." While he knew failure in the assigned task would mean just that much more certainty about his fate, he planned to enjoy the gift and to concentrate on success.

Taking the next few days to think about an approach, he made his move. Several forms, several patterns of speech, and he found the one that seemed to provide the reaction he sought from those in high-town.

Having no badge or other means of entry, he was forced to talk his way in. The guards at the door seemed convinced that he might have business within after several minutes of conversation.

Moments later, clearing his throat as an older human might, he began speaking.

"Lord Telmoran... I beg a moment of your time knowing you are very busy. I have put on my finest clothes and come here today to let you know that many I know are grateful to you for taking on the role of protector."

Straightening his clothing self-consciously, a facade of course, but a part of the act, he cleared his throat again and continued.

"And though we know you may not need it, we would like to offer what aid we can. I am not, nor are my friends, terribly wealthy. But what we have is yours if you wish it."

"I am an old man. And... well..." Clearing his throat again, doing his best to appear the noble man, he went on. "It occurs to me that extra coins might be handy. So... well... I brought some coins. It is not much, of course. And I mean no offense whatsoever by offering it."

The next few moments would tell him whether he had chosen a solid course, or whether he had stepped into quicksand. Doing his best to play the role of concerned human, he waited.
-----

[ image disabled ]

[ Edited 03:06:38 PM 12/14/09 ]

Carylduil - Chronicle of an Elven Heart, Chronicle of an Elven Heart II, Awakening, Sharpening a Mind, Into Darkness, The Search for Eloril, Servant of Light, A Request for Blessings, An Assassin Strikes, Peering into the Shadows

Sar’rel - Wizard of Thay, Seasons Change, The Search for Knowledge and Power, Darkness Grows, Darkness Grows II, A Shift of Power, A New Alliance, Dark Components

Thrash Flint - Thrash Flint, Thrash Flint II, Thrash Flint III

No Name - It Walks Among Us, Darkness Within the Light
Ramana Jala
11:29:38 AM 12/18/09

Registered Member #1033
So Celia had also sent a letter to AJ, the same kind of automatically-sent letter that Jalla had received, that meant that Celia was overdue. Jalla wondered how much Celia had told in the letter, and how AJ would receive something like that. Jalla didn't know how much AJ knew about her mother's line of work, and Jalla wasn't sure what she could say to her about it, about where Celia had gone and why. But she had to find AJ, because she was surely beside herself with worry to receive such a letter.

Jalla finally came across AJ in Hamley, and sure enough, AJ was upset. Her first words queried if Jalla had any news on her mother, and tears threatened to fall. AJ didn't look well, she looked tired and drawn, and Jalla was immediately concerned. Celia had only been missing for a couple of weeks, but AJ looked like she'd been under great stress much longer than that, like she hadn't slept for many weeks and had lost a fair amount of weight. Jalla wondered what other issues had AJ been dealing with that could have depleted her so.

Since AJ wanted to talk about Celia, Jalla suggested that they needed to go someplace private to chat. AJ told her that Phillian and her had just bought a house there, and led her there. Surprisingly, it was the same house that Miss Sanner had offered Jalla the use of when she tarried in Hamley tending the afflicted. Well, it was of no issue to Jalla, and she was sure it had just slipped Miss Sanner's mind to tell her when Jalla had briefly stopped in to check on things the previous week. Jalla was happy that the couple had been able to buy such a nice house, and hoped that the fact boded well for their relationship.

AJ needed answers, answers that Jalla either didn't know if she should tell her, or answers that she wouldn't be able to give. Jalla tried to get the unwell-looking AJ to sit down, but she wouldn't. So finally Jalla, with some concern, started in on the subject, admitting that she had no fresh news of Celia. AJ looked even more unsteady for a moment as she closed her eyes taking in the statement.

Apparently in the letter to AJ, Celia had told her to her to come find Jalla. Jalla was interested to know what else the letter had said, and was surprised to be told that it had admitted Celia's plans to sneak into the Keep in disguise, to investigate if Bargus was taking advantage of the situation and in league with the Banites. And that she suggested that perhaps AJ could help, but AJ didn't see how she could. Jalla didn't see how AJ could either, or even actually how Jalla herself could help things at the moment, for that matter.

Jalla didn't tell AJ anything more right away, needing to know how much AJ knew about her mother's line of work. AJ had finally weakly slumped into the couch, as Jalla gently inquired. AJ claimed to know nothing about it, that Celia had said that she wanted to protect her. Jalla understood and considered that a valid consideration. But she continued inquiring about what AJ suspected. AJ replied that she had long thought that Celia worked in the city, and had heard some kind of rumor about her being a spy.

As Jalla was considering whether to admit or deny this, AJ asked if Jalla thought that her mother could be dead. Jalla soberly admitted that the possibility did exist, but that she warned her to not let her emotions jump to any conclusion, as her mother was quite resourceful and had always landed on her feet before. AJ wanted to know what she could do, and Jalla replied that she didn't think it wise for AJ to to really try to do anything, like sneaking about, as Jalla herself had tried unsuccessfully. Really she was unsure what Celia might have thought AJ could do if this point came.

Jalla admitted that the situation had frustrated her greatly, but that she was determined to have faith. She went over and sat down next to the young girl and put her arm around her supportively, AJ leaning into her needfully. Jalla hugged her close and comforted her, apologizing that she couldn't give her anything more definite to hold onto.

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ramana Jala
11:30:01 AM 12/18/09

Registered Member #1033
After a few moments AJ got up to go change out of her armor, and Jalla decided that the exhausted thin girl could at least use some tonic tea to bolster herself. Jalla actually felt rather drained from her long vigil as a bird in the city, and could use some herself also. So she brought out her tiny teapot and herbs to set about making them both a cup of tea. AJ returned and Jalla offered the tonic, telling the girl that it would help her as she looked so pale and had just had a shock. AJ resisted, saying repeatedly that she was fine and there was no cause for worry, but Jalla looked at her with an expression of firm nurturingness, countering that she was definitely not alright and could not deny it. Jalla continued to brew the tea, gently insisting, remarking that she herself could use a cup as she had been quite tired herself. After a bit AJ gave up arguing, obviously just accepting that she would indeed be drinking the tonic.

As she poured the tea and handed AJ a cup, Jalla reassured the girl that her mother was quite good at what she did, so she had reason to have faith. As AJ sipped the tea, she quietly acknowledged that, but also admitted her fears about losing her. Jalla was sympathetic, but offered that AJ could think of this as an opportunity for her to learn to control her fears, as they did nothing but harm, and even prevented her intution from feeling her bond with her mother.

[ image disabled ]

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ramana Jala
11:30:23 AM 12/18/09

Registered Member #1033
The girl admitted that she'd never been very good at controlling her fear, or at feeling such things, as even with Phillian it had taken the longest time, that she wasn't that strong. Jalla refuted her statement as self-limiting, telling her that she had gotten better with Phillian, and could learn to extend her intution towards her mother. It was just a matter of stilling her mind.

AJ again disagreed, remarking that if it were only that simple. Jalla reached out to soothingly put her hand on AJ's shoulder, then to her neck to massage it gently, asking her to relax. Jalla smiled warmly and reassured her that it was actually indeed simple. She suggested that when they finished their tea, Jalla could help her with a guided meditation. By this time AJ was not resisting Jalla's ministrations so forcibly, so after minimal protest, which Jalla again refuted --asking rhetorically if AJ would deny a healer and teacher the opportunity to heal and teach-- and after finishing their tea, AJ let herself be led to sit propped up in her bed to meditate.

Jalla sat on the edge of the bed, and gently starting in with the breathing meditation technique, instructed her to relax her body and her eyes and take a deep breath. Then just breathe, in and out, fully, but not overextending, and concentrate on breathing and the sound of Jalla's calm moderated voice. Jalla continued to lead her to notice the sensations of the air passing through her nose --feeling the hairs in her nose bend as a field of grain bends in the breeze-- and into her lungs --coming in cool and leaving warm....

Jalla was pleased to see AJ respond like a good student and let go to the technique, becoming still and calmer. Satisfied that AJ was attending to the breath, Jalla segued seamlessly into positive and self-empowering statements, of how the breath was Life living her. She directed her again to watch the breath, feeling free to marvel at how it goes on with perfection, how Life knows how to breathe within her, how it does not depend upon any thought, upon anything that she must do, it simply does what it does. As she drew in breath, she drew in Life, calling to her attention to feel the energy springing from her lungs to run through her body, refreshing and energizing her. As she concentrated on observing her breath, she would notice that her mind was becoming still... and as her mind stilled, she could notice how her breath flowed more easily and more freely. This was a secret that the girl had discovered now, the interaction of the breath of Life and her mind. How the breath is made constrained by thoughts that fear or limit oneself, but the breath is freed when those thoughts pass away... and those thoughts pass away when one concentrates on only the breath. In conclusion Jalla directed AJ to remember this lesson that she felt now, this lesson of how improper thoughts restrict the flow of her breath and limit her calm full energy, and how she herself had the power to cure this.

Jalla smiled to see AJ so calm, and the tired lines in her face diminishing. She decided that the meditation had been sufficient, and thought AJ could lay down to rest and sleep now. So she led her to do so, directing her to open her eyes but keep them unfocused and not let them grab onto the world, and while still concentrating on her breath --breathing slowly and acting like time were in slow motion-- start to move slowly to prepare herself for bed.

AJ complied, and Jalla calmly, slowly, and gently, helped her to stand and out of her dress to her underslip, repeating that she was moving as if in a warm fog and did not need to focus on anything but breathing slowly. Jalla turned down the bedcovers and helped the girl sit back down and slip under them. Like a mother she pulled up the covers and tucked her in, her words soothing and warm. AJ snuggled under the covers and curled up, still relaxed and calm and quiet. Jalla affirmed that AJ would fall into a peaceful sleep, as gently and easily as a child... and Jalla could see that she was indeed falling into sleep already. Jalla's warm hand moved to stroke her hair gently and soothingly, whispering again for her to rest, and remember.... When she awoke, refreshed... she would remember that she herself had the power to allow herself this. She herself did this, her own calm center of Life... she herself was Life, and the power was hers, always.... Jalla let her voice trail off, and stood a moment by the bed until she knew AJ completely asleep.

Jalla then quietly moved away from the bed, and found the guestroom, deciding to stay the night so that AJ would not feel abandoned if she happened to awake in the night, or to counsel her again in the morning should she need. She left the doors between the rooms open, as a mother would do for her child, and settled herself down for the night.

Although Jalla would continue her investigations, there seemed at the moment little that could be done about Celia, but to wait, have faith, and be confident and strong. She hoped that Celia would return soon, and that this lesson for AJ would have a positive reinforcement, teaching her to not let worry and fear control her, but to be empowered to be calm and collected, and thereby find her own inner strength.

Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Jala
12:53:46 PM 12/19/09

Registered Member #1033
A gold wyrmlying flew into Feywood, looking for Jalla. Jalla sighted the creature, of a type that was not a usual sight around these woods, and quickly recognizing it to be HaurachLevex, she waved up at her. Jalla greeted the little dragonling as the creature glided down to her, asking what had brought her to visit. Haurach cleared her throat and replied that Hayleigh and Card would like to see Jalla on the North road. Jalla nodded, saying that she would be happy to follow the little dragon there right away. She tossed the creature a gem as a reward, and shifted herself into a bird. The two then flew back to where three were walking upon the road, Hayleigh, Card, and one that Jalla knew only in name, Tedya Amana.

[ image disabled ]

Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Jala
12:54:38 PM 12/19/09

Registered Member #1033
After greetings, Hayleigh said that she was hoping that Jalla could help them with their search for Lord Kaempfer, as it seemed that all folk were drawing dead ends. Jalla replied that she would be pleased to share whatever she knew with the three, and lead them a bit off the road so that their conversation would not be disturbed or overheard.

Jalla asked if Hayleigh had had any results yet with her inquiries, and to tell her what if anything they knew. Hayleigh replied that she was saddened to report with nothing so far, and all she had was that she was led to believe that the Lord had just wandered out of the city up the long North Road, and then had simply disappeared.

Jalla then proceeded to tell them what she knew, admitting that it was not much, and perhaps indicated more by the absence of indications or evidences. She stated that the current theory was that the Lord had simply escaped the Keep. She mentioned her indirect conversation with Lady Luevlve'for wherein the Lady seemed to have the impression that the Lord might have found the stresses of the Court, including the 'buffoonery' of that mage Bargus in particular, very tiresome. So the current theory was indeed that he left of his own free will, walking out of the castle, for a... vacation, as it were.

[ image disabled ]

Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Jala
12:55:49 PM 12/19/09

Registered Member #1033
Jalla went on to say that there had been great concern that the invaders, those disguised as merchants, the Zhentarim, the Banites, had been responsible for abducting the Lord, or in influencing Bargus... but that there had actually so far been shown no evidence of that. And as for Bargus... well, his behaviour had been quite odd, but it may not be more than an unpleasant man in a difficult situation. Jalla mentioned the rumor that she'd heard that Bargus had actually had someone shot and thrown into the moat for calling him Regent, rather that Protector of the Throne as he now demanded. So that didn't seem the behavior of an usurper.

She continued, mentioning that the Lord's cousin Lady Arianna up north had been consulted, with nothing known by her. Also, that as far as Jalla knew, the Lord had not been sighted in any of the Elven lands, neither Feywood nor Greenvale. It was unfortunate that many would probably not recognize him, though, if he just walked among the people.

She mentioned seeing Jeri when she was in the city, going into the Keep and into the Knights' keep, presumably to speak with Rittermark, but didn't know what kind of inquiries he may have made. Jalla remarked that she didn't consider herself very good with city people, and had been terribly busy, so she had been hoping some others would look into those areas. She also mentioned, with a slight frown, that her best contact in the city was currently overdue. Then she reiterated how for so long she had suspected foul play, but thus far had found no evidence.

Card at this point asked what Jalla herself might suggest doing about the situation. Jalla told him that the Feywood Council was not presently concerned enough to look into the matter, so she had been pretty much on her own, and so recently for her own part had chosen to wait a bit hoping that the inquiries of the Keepers in Hamley or upon the road might bear fruit.

But even though that hadn't yielded any results yet, it was still her suggestion, for anyone else who cared to do so, to delicately question everyone --guards, commoners, merchants, waitresses, everyone-- in a search pattern radiating out from inside the city and up the North Road to Hamley. Very carefully and diplomatically, and not saying it was the Lord they were looking for unless they recognized the description. Even then to not alarm anyone, but offer some excuse for needing to find the Lord out on his constitutional, such as needing to deliver an urgent message or some such.

Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Jala
12:57:07 PM 12/19/09

Registered Member #1033
However --and Hayleigh raised the issue just as Jalla was mulling over her sole reservation-- what if the Lord didn't want to be found? Since not finding evidence of foul play, and feeling Bargus' unpleasantness firsthand, Jalla thought that the Lord might deserve his vacation... especially since the invasion down south was gone and his leadership was not really needed so pressingly right now. Bargus seemed capable, if stressed and of foul temper. There was no crisis at the moment, that she knew of, that actually needed Lord Kaempfer. Thus why Jalla had been content to wait.

[ image disabled ]

But questions as to the safety of the Lord, not just the continuing stability of the government, were still on everyone's mind. Card asked if divinations had been tried, and Jalla replied that she seemed to recall a rumor about the mages of the School being asked, or someone intending to ask them, but didn't know anything further. She had done a lot recently, trying to be everywhere at once, but realistically of course she couldn't be, and was hoping someone else could look into that. Hayleigh replied that she would, as she was quite friendly with them-- but then Amana volunteered that she would ask at the School, and Hayleigh thanked her for lightening her duties in the matter, presumably as Hayleigh still had many more persons in Hamley to make inquiries of.

There was also still wondering about why, if the Lord had left of his own free will, why did he not notify someone? Jalla offered, who knew what the tedium and stresses of the court could do to one's mind, and make it so one would want to escape, without notifying anyone. Without wanting to be found. She further remarked, that she totally agreed with Lady Luelve'for's sentiments in regards to Bargus, that if Jalla were in that situation, she herself would want to escape from that man. But, she did agree that the Lord's whereabouts should be ascertained, even if he should be then left to enjoy his 'vacation'.

Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Jala
12:57:46 PM 12/19/09

Registered Member #1033
Jalla said that she'd be appreciative if all could keep her apprised of anything they discover in their inquiries, which of course they all agreed to. She tallied up the places where they were intent on searching: Hamley, the Watch... the road, Crossroads and the Landing... the Knaves... the mages.

It seemed a fairly comprehensive search pattern, for now. Jalla thought to herself that if inquiring of the two-leggeds proved unsuccessful, she might have to see if the animals could help search the wilderness, although a description was of small use there, a scented object being more to their abilities.

Hayleigh asked Amana if she knew any of the Steinkreis Knights, and the girl replied that she knew two of the knaves she could question. Hayleigh asked Card if there were any other places that he might ask, and he said not that hadn't already been mentioned. It was unfortunate that both Hayleigh and Card were not well tolerated in many areas, due to their draconic wings.

Jalla asked if they knew of anyone who might be able to 'casually' go into the Watch to inquire in that area. Amana mentioned a kin she knew, but then commented that not everyone there liked kin. Jalla then decided that maybe among her sneakier contacts she might know of someone, and although they were often hard to find, resolved to see about that. Again, she would have to advise anyone who canvassed the Watch that they didn't want to announce the Lord's disappearance. Or tip anyone off, who might take advantage. That town more than any other would have to be carefully handled.

Well, this meeting had gone well, and Jalla was glad to see more intent upon acting in this mysterious matter. Jalla was also happy to finally see Card again after so long, and hoped that they could stay in touch more often now, and he expressed likewise. Now if they could only get some real clues. And Celia... her thoughts kept returning to her friend's also mysterious absence.

She took her leave of the meeting, and all bid each other farewells. Jalla told them that since unfortunately they could not visit in the Feywood, to send her a bird, or a dragonling, and she would come to meet them. She tossed Haurach another gem for her future messenger duties, and the little gold wyrmling growled happily, as Jalla turned and departed.

[ Edited 10:34:11 AM 12/22/09 ]

Wikia Bio Playlist

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top