| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.

Forums
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
MadskillsMike
09:35:59 AM 11/05/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
Parchments such as the one below are posted on a few locations in Steinkreis, in the poor and middle-class areas. Some are slipped under doors seemingly at random. Many are simply spread out on the streets for anyone to find.

[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

Gharos (Thay) Telborea Banites
MadskillsMike
09:36:36 AM 11/05/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
Subjects of Steinkreis
Where is your king?

You necks have been bent before the throne for a long time.
Within you, the people, lay the power to choose your own leaders.
When you awaken to realize you are the ones that give your leaders power, no force can stop you.
The day where you can rule your own future is close at hand.

Tyranny begone!
Long live the Republic!

[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

Tommyboy
02:06:15 PM 11/05/09
Registered Member #1474
Zur is walking in Steinkreis and finds one of the notes...

Interesting, I must wait for more..

As nothing happenned he throws the parchment on the ground and keeps walking, as nothing happenned..

Zurterin En'Nathron- My idea of fun, IggyPop
Doorman
08:57:09 PM 11/05/09
Merchant Auditor
Registered Member #95
One of the notes is taken and pinned to a wall outside the Flying Mug, staked their with an expertly sharpened knife, its hilt wrapped in pure white leather.

"Littering is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of fifty gold or equivalent goods.

Served and witnessed."

mylittlepwny
02:11:29 PM 11/06/09
Zesty Mordant

Registered Member #1223
Discarded sheets are gathered by an enterprising young kindling-seller, who folds and twists the pages into paper roses, which he sells for a few coppers apiece.

These "peasants' petals" are a sensation, after a society wag turns up sporting one in his tricorne at Lord and Lady W— 's supper party. The fad spreads, particularly among fashionistas, the newly wealthy, and the sort of people who believe that adopting the trappings of a different class, however contrived, will make one appear forward-thinking and broad-minded.

I type faster than I can think. - Thimns

"You've never explicitly said it, but it is implied by your very presence that you are a guillotine." - Doorman
Ramana Jala
11:42:26 AM 11/08/09

Registered Member #1033
"Gharos is seen in the impoverished areas of Steinkeis now and then. Paying a hundred coins for a rumor and fifty for a far-fetched tale, the first impression would be that he wants to learn what is happening in the city. However, sums of about a hundred coins are given out seemingly for nothing, and apparently to random commoners." ( Rumors )

As Jalla made a visit to the School in Lowtown, to work some more on preparing her lesson plan to start teaching there, she heard the people in the street commenting upon their good fortune, how some 'nice man' was giving away lots of gold for trifles of gossip.

Curious, she stopped an old lady and asked who this person might be, or at least what he looked like. As if to imply that she might want to take advantage of his offer herself. The reply unmistakably described Gharos.

Jalla Desat (née: dem Vald) - Half-Elf Druidess, Druid of The Source of All Life, soul-mate to Krin Desat, mother to their four children, Dame of Pack Far-Runner, Tel'Varataurie elder, Feywood Taur'ohtarie, Harper, mystic, healer, herbologist.
Wikia Bio Playlist

Ramana Domefarar - Elf Ranger, Estelglin of the Greenvale Estel Tirindor (she finally took a side). Publicly a Ranger, privately a Rogue Opportunist. A follower of Fenmarel Mestarine, the self-reliant Lone Wolf. Also a Sensate of Sharess, a pleasure and bliss junkie. And a well-armed goth groupie.
Wikia Bio Playlist Threads Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

Ranara Duauth - Elf Wizardess. A ‘shadowchild’, a being created by water and shadow, actually an alternating manifestation of Ramana. A follower of Prizimal (Keeper of the Balance of Light and Darkness), and in this universe is a friend to Wai’i’lani.
Wikia Bio Playlist Her complex story begins here: Her Shadow Self Current Events:Journal of Two Conjoined Lives

diamonds
09:42:51 PM 11/08/09

Registered Member #1400
Diego noticed the many suspicious flyers around steinkreis. he shaked his head and looked around him. some kids were playing tag instead of doing their schoolwork or chores. He gave them a pretty penny for a child to gather some of these up and dispose of them in a proper manner.

Diego Merletto
a few unknown chars
MadskillsMike
04:24:35 AM 11/13/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
New parchments are spread in the same way as before.

[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

MadskillsMike
04:27:14 AM 11/13/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
Subjects of Steinkreis

Citizenship is different than the existance as a subject.

Citizenship does not mean the right to pay misdirected taxes and make way for marching soldiers.

Citizenship does not mean to silently accept the small ruling elite making the laws for you to live by.

Citizenship entitles you to the right to vote.
Your right is to be heard by your government.
Your right is to change your rulers if they do not keep your best interests close.

Your right is the right to representation.
Long live the Republic!

[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

MadskillsMike
06:20:11 PM 11/24/09
capesh*t, bro
Registered Member #143
Subjects of Steinkreis
Has your situation improved while you have waited?

One day there will be no tyrant ruling over you.

One step, one courageous stride, will bring about that day and deliver you from tyranny.

Look amongst yourselves and consider those who hold the greatest respect, the highest wisdom, the swiftest decisiveness and the most even-handed judgement. Those are the people you should entrust to govern, not the tyrant. The day will come when you chose your rulers yourselves. From every part of the city the best of you, those you trust to make the best decisions, will gather to form a Senate. The Senate will ensure that all citizens are represented, and that the loss of no single individual will leave the city leaderless.

No one individual should hold too much power, or he will distance himself from the people he is to serve, and serve only himself.

Long live the Republic!

[Player] SonofMars
[DM] MSM

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top