| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

ArezimaRedwind
05:11:28 AM 01/18/20
Oh, and Payne, I was 15 the first time I logged in here. I'm now 32.

So old.

ArezimaRedwind
05:00:42 AM 01/18/20
Hiiii! <3

You're beautiful. You're all beautiful.

Squidget
03:38:54 AM 01/18/20
Arezima!

ArezimaRedwind
03:02:23 AM 01/18/20
o and squidget who even are you anymore

ArezimaRedwind
02:53:04 AM 01/18/20
what even is going on

Shade
01:56:46 AM 01/18/20
Not to mention the time it takes to walk trough a city. Pretty sure you couldn't walk from one end from The watch to the other in 30 seconds.

Just Miggen
10:00:42 PM 01/17/20
Characters age at the speed of their story too. It isn't always perfect, I remember when Miggen had only aged like a couple years and met with a friend who went from ~30s to full blown "it's been 84 years..." old woman, so it was awkward navigating that RP but nothing that ruined my fun or character.

scratch_flannigan
07:08:09 PM 01/17/20
@Beldar,
"Dauken flew away quickly to avoid any work."

LMAO! Perfect !

Payne
04:53:37 PM 01/17/20
I started here in my 30's, I am approaching my 50's, I am reminded of time slipping away enough as it is.

I dont really want to have it in my make believe world.

Dogbert
04:50:32 PM 01/17/20
Another reason I REALLY don't like anything beyond real-time.

If we followed in-game time, every NPC you like died long ago from old age, and any non-elves that are more than a year or two old are on their way to retirement.

Forums
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Dontella
08:34:56 AM 05/06/09

Registered Member #1004
(( If there is a thread for this already started, please, feel free to merge this with it. ))

The strange crystals and floating islands had caught her eye. She had intended to travel from Hamley, but had been readily distracted by the change in air and landscape.

Elementals roamed near, and she could only peer about with a certain curiosity.

Andras had appeared beside her on the hill as she'd gone upwards to try and catch a better glimpse, and said that towards the Grey Iron mines, Elementals of Air roamed the hillside.

Naturally, the Bardess was interested. She headed off to find out more.

The elementals were cranky, not good, but fortunately had refrained from striking her while she asked.

[ image disabled ]

I might be the villain of this story.

Sorrath ap'Nathia | The Flame. | Godslayer. | The World is Not Enough
Sanguine Flame, Panaziel, Demonic Manifestation
4/27/2014 - DM Miggen: [Tell] OMG you're a bitch, I love it.

Nasmat | High Priestess of Bane. | Religious Differences.
The Black Network, Through a Northern Pass, The Banifaction
Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
7/19/2010 - DM Edrick: [Tell] wickedly evil!
When Paydon met Nasmat

Just Miggen
09:15:33 AM 05/06/09
nerf ts

Registered Member #463
The elemental sharply looks around for the voice, hissing as a slight tone of thunder rises from within its air-like body. After being unable to find the source it floats off wildly into the air, its maddened form twisting on the way up.

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the half-drow dragonblooded sorcerer raised in Celestia with a mechanical mithril arm and scimitars for hands.

You love to see it.
Website
Dontella
01:49:10 PM 05/06/09

Registered Member #1004
After a while, a note was slipped under the Keeper's Door.

Little Note, Writes:

Mister Andras.

There is something strange about the little Air elementals. I don't really know for sure what it is yet, but something isn't right. They seem, sick. Or tainted maybe. I'm not sure what's wrong with them, but it's definately not good and not right.

~Sol

Through a Darkened Veil, Priestess Deconstructed, Shadows and Sands, A Touch of Evil
When Paydon met Nasmat

Dontella
06:35:10 AM 05/09/09

Registered Member #1004
She had long pondered the Air Elementals behaviour, long after she had left the area. It had been strange, worrisome.

The bardess sighed, and resolved to sneak back. If there was something amiss, she intended to try and understand what it was and hopefully fix it. That meant, watching and listening. Having good eyes and ears where she could study the Air Elementals.

Of course, the strange floating islands were in other places, but at the moment her concern was more focused on those Children of the Wind. And so she waited, patient. She would return as often as needed, and as long as her invisible songs enabled her to do.

[ image disabled ]

When Paydon met Nasmat

Ogreman007
01:03:08 PM 05/09/09
'Lupi made me do it

Registered Member #175
Soliel was not the only person to notice the elementals, nor indeed the precarious floating masses of, apparently, earth. Stepping out of the Qui Vive caravan it was clear something was amiss, and to see the ground in quite the opposite location to where you'd expect it was rather a shock. He did not know what the cause was, nor did he know when this had happened, but it surely was not a good thing! One mass seemed to be too close to the miner's lodge for comfort, and besides that there was no telling what effect the disturbance of such a large amount of earth would have on the stability of the mines themselves. Clearly lives were at risk here: especially if whatever was supporting the dirt in the air was to disappear.

Unsure what to do exactly, Leonard decided to travel to Steinkreis to report to his superior what he had seen. He didn't know what could be done, but with the potential damage of property and death of knights it had to be brought to the attention of someone with the power to act.

[ image disabled ]
[ image disabled ]
[ image disabled ]
[ image disabled ]

Stories of Dwentiness (mostly for my reference: incomplete):

~|~ One Man and His God ~|~ Of Gold and Ravens ~|~ The Red General ~|~No Business Link Gnoll Business ~|~ Witness the Might of Thay ~|~ Dwent's Gamble: Everything to Lose ~|~ The evil that men do (iv) ~|~ Centuries of ash (a minor role in the overall story but very important in Dwent’s development.) ~|~ Opening a can of Demons ~|~ The evil that men do (pt 3) ~|~ Dune(s) ~|~ The Red Project ~|~ Fallout ~|~ Red Memoirs (credit to Payne for this account on Davenshire’s Destruction) ~|~ The Screaming Bandit ~|~ Power Struggle ~|~ Southern Expansion ~|~ The evil that men do (pt. 2) ~|~ By the Light of Thay ~|~ Betrayal: a Friend or a Nation? ~|~ Plans of Expansion ~|~ The Best of the Rest ~|~ A Change of Face (includes the murder of Leonard’s parents) ~|~ The evil that men do
~|~
Music for Dwent - Turisas: Fear the Fear

Information about the Thayan Guild on Thain

Want to get involved but not sure how? Just ask!

[ image disabled ]
Sepp
06:55:33 PM 05/09/09

Registered Member #625
A letter sealed with Lendys' symbol is delivered to Kimli, Soliel and Slagg.

The land near Hamley remains disturbed, and it strikes me that the Elemental gods might be concerned regarding this matter. I propose their Chosen meet, and attempt to heal the land... or at the least, seek guidance.

While scouting the area, I spoke with one named Midnight, an elf. She told of a creature sealed in the ground, seeking to escape. One made of chaos, fear, and destruction. She believes that when the elves made the obelisks, they also used then to seal the creature. Its escape is what is hurting the earth.

It is also my belief that the disturbance is at the center of all four obelisks... I am commissioning someone to create a map and see if it is correct. As well, I have sent a scout up to the floating Isles, and hope to hear back from her at any time. Regardless, I hope to hear from each of you soon. If possible, contact the Chosen of Fire, as I do not know where to locate them.

Judicator Oridon

[[Meeting at 430 EST Tuesday]]

[ image disabled ]

[ Edited 08:52:57 AM 05/11/09 ]

Lawful Neutral (LN): The LN character wants a nice quiet world in which everybody has the security of knowing their place and nothing ever changes. S/he enjoys routine and dislikes surprises. Those few LN characters who become adventurers usually do so because they feel that they cannot get the quiet life they want as long as outside menaces exist. They tend to be pretty annoyed about it too.

40 days in jail: Free
Curse of the Dragon\\\'s Blood Ring: 1,866,745 GP
Walking out alive: Priceless

[ image disabled ]
Dontella
05:53:14 PM 05/11/09

Registered Member #1004
Soliel had gone over the letter, and nodded. She would be there.

Andras and Card told her of more elementals, and in different directions, and her concern over what was taking place, grew. Again she went to the hills, spending her time watching the elementals above the Grey Iron Mines, long days and nights.

They seemed fond of the crystal that had grown up, but she wasn't sure what the connection was.

[ image disabled ]

On her long watches, she saw how they stirred. Angry. Until at last one struck out at the Caravan master. The elemental was put down quickly, but it caused her concern to grow. Yes, it was most definately something wrong.

[ image disabled ]

When Paydon met Nasmat

Sepp
12:31:03 PM 05/13/09

Registered Member #625
The Chosen gathered to discuss the problems besetting Hamley, and search for a pattern to what Soliel called the Scourge, after the pattern upon the earth. Attempts to speak with the elementals that roamed the land where unsuccessful, and they left with heavy hearts, but resolved to find the answer which eluded them.

[ image disabled ]

Lawful Neutral (LN): The LN character wants a nice quiet world in which everybody has the security of knowing their place and nothing ever changes. S/he enjoys routine and dislikes surprises. Those few LN characters who become adventurers usually do so because they feel that they cannot get the quiet life they want as long as outside menaces exist. They tend to be pretty annoyed about it too.

40 days in jail: Free
Curse of the Dragon\\\'s Blood Ring: 1,866,745 GP
Walking out alive: Priceless

[ image disabled ]
Dontella
12:25:38 PM 05/14/09

Registered Member #1004
She had long watched the elementals, day and night. Her heart torn to see them suffering so.

They would fizzle, slowly, and melt into the earth. It was like the airy stuff they were created from, was dissolving, melting away until it it had pooled into the ground. She shuddered to watch, it was unnerving to see the wispy puffs fade to nothingness.

Sometimes as they floated in the air, the tortured sprites would call forth a strange cyclone, drawing energy into themselves. Winds, dark winds.. something she had never seen before in all her time along Thain, and in all her dealings with the Air Spirits.

.. They were, tormented. More so, tormented and twisted to the point where they had lost their laughter. They had lost the joy and sparkle that defined them as the children of the Winds. Now they were agonized things, driven mad by a power she did not understand.

Her heart, wept.

Somehow, she would set it right. She had to.

When Paydon met Nasmat

Falkala
02:04:58 PM 05/14/09

Registered Member #623
A note appears left on a bench at the fire in Hamley. The paper is randomly stained with smoke-splotches.

wrote ...

If you're curious what these energies will do to your people, seek me out. I will not go near your tainted lands again for fear of what they will do to me.

-Aradia Arniman, Smoke Elemental, Fortune Teller.

Current Characters:
Deidra - Bronze Blooded Warder of Bahamut.
Eleanor- What would you do to save your own?
Florence - The bear and the maiden fair.
Iskaria - Clipped Huntress. Pact of Rebirth.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top