Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• Shards
    Shards  2 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  2 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  5 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  5 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  5 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  5 months ago

Payne

• !ofAkindGuy2000
    !ofAkindGuy2000  5 months ago

Thanks.

• Glognar
    Glognar  5 months ago

There is! You need to examine the omnidye to find the info. I also think that there is still an error though in one of the numbers.

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

Finality

LAN_402 LAN_403
Falkala
7:55:32 pm GMT 04/16/09
Falkala Forum Admin
Registered Member #623 Joined: 6:43:48 am GMT 10/01/05
It happened quickly.

The world was beginning to swim in and out, edges fuzzy, voices sounding so far away. There was a figure. Male? Female? She couldn't tell. There was so much noise and yet none at all at once, Letheria desperately trying to find something to focus on. Snow, there was snow. She was cold all over, a sensation she was unused to. There was red staining her hands and front, splattering from above. She was trying to speak, only blood was coming out.

She was told that moments like this, your life tended to flash before your eyes. However all she could see was the red staining white. No memories came to the surface, no words of wisdom rang through her ears.

A weapon came down, and then there was nothing.

She stands above the scene, parralell from another spirit of wolven shape. The figure has left, she does not know what ended her. Snow swirls and dances about to begin hiding the broken elf. Trees dot the edges of her vision, littered with hungry wolves who await a safe time to come scavenge the kill.

[ image disabled ]

"Why haven't the stones taken me?" She finally speaks.

"Because this is your finality." The wolf replies.

She knows what the words are, without having ever heard them spoken before.

"I am not ready." She begins, making a gesture of being diplomatic. "Please, give me another chance. Bring me to the stones, Mesher."

The wolf is now circling, paws never quite touching the ground. She is still.

"You made this pact. Now it is time to pay. Did you truly think of me as they did, as merciful? Do you not remember what I have already done, what I will do?"

"You murdered children, and they let you go free, encouraged this. It is their fault we are at this end."

"You can't blame them for their own stupidity, when it is yours that refused to say no."

The wolves approached slowly, white pelts blending into the surroundings. Their gait was casual, blue eyes alert. Nostrils flared and fur bristled while they kept an eye out of whatever predator had blessed them with a meal right at their front door.

"No! I have too much to do!" She says, near screaming. The wolf throws his head back, fur bunching at the back of his neck. He laughs a hyena like laugh.

"Like what? Go play with your glass for customers who don't want to pay? Pretend you actually -like- the man who follows you? Be honest, child of air."

She stares horrified at the weight of truth. "Aerdrye... she would answer my prayers. You cannot do this."

"Answer what prayers? Like when? Your life has been one mistake with her over and over. Besides, dear... you know the weight of this pact." The wolf draws closer, his nose brushes across her shoulder.
"You will be fun, pet."

The pack leader hesitated, one paw still in the air. He lifted his lips back into a snarl before backing up a step. The rumbling of footsteps in the distance grew ever louder, and the wolves knew full well what danger a giant posed.
Falkala
7:41:19 am GMT 04/18/09
Falkala Forum Admin
The scene began to fall away quickly, Letheria watching as her body became further and further away. The snows stretched out before her and began to vanish.

And then she was somewhere else entirely, standing above a pool of water. Soft padding footsteps sounded behind her.

[ image disabled ]
[ image disabled ]

"Where are we? I want to go back where we were." She protested, turning to the wolf who towered over her.

"We are away. Far away. You have no more ties to your realm now."
He spoke, voice impassive. His golden and sinister eyes turned downward on her.

"But what about my body?"

"It is being found by a frost giant as we speak. He is ripping off the wings to place upon his helmet as decoration. It will provide him joy and catch him a strong mate for the coming winter. They will bear many children. The remainder will be consumed by my winter brethren, who will fill their bellies with your fat and skin will calm them and prevent them from attacking the village this night."

Perhaps it was the tone in which he spoke it, or the sickening visual of one's own body being consumed, but Leth quickly felt as if she was about to turn green. It was at that moment she realized she didn't truly feel anything physical anymore. She looked at her hands, which seemed to be growing more pale every moment.

"What... is death like? Is this death?" She asked quietly. Mesher moved in and lowered his head to her arm gently.

"My poor pet. You will never taste death. This is going to be far, far worse for you."

[ image disabled ]
Falkala
8:04:30 am GMT 04/18/09
Falkala Forum Admin
"What!? What the hell are you talking about? Our agreement was binding in death, death is rest, right!?" Leth stepped back, trying to lift her wings in outrage. She was relieved she could still do so.

"The terms have been... amended. You should have gotten it sworn in blood, my pet. Now? Now you shall do what I desire you do." Mesher laughed, lifted his head back to howl with amusement.

[ image disabled ]

"You are mine now, girl. You shall suffer MY fate. You shall feel MY pain and walk your precious death-lands the same way I walked mine. And to what end? For my amusement, pet. You shall be CURSED to be what I wish of you!"

With every word he spoke, Leth feel her knees going out from under her, the weight of his laugh growing heavier on her shoulders with each vile inhale.

[ image disabled ]

No no...
No...
Speak!
Say something!

She croaked out a sound much like a growl.

No, make words.

More growls, a feral cough.

No! you cannot do this... no... it hurts so much...

"Goodnight my pet. When you awake we shall be far more alike than ever before."

Falkala
8:12:36 am GMT 04/18/09
Falkala Forum Admin
---
...Far away, in the Ice and Fang...

Two trappers sat around the fire, weary and grizzled from the cold climate that surrounded the town. One of them grinned past his dark beard and slammed down his ale.

"I'm tellin' ya mate, I saw her. Biggest she-wolf I've ever seen. But not natural. Had these... shapes on her. Glowing. Then poof, she was gone. I think it was a ghost or a wizard or somsuch."

His drinking partner raised a bushy eyebrow. "Carl, you've been hitting the drink too much. Seein' animals that aren't there... honestly. What would your wife think?"

Carl's eyes went wide. "You can't tell her! Because I'm gonna hunt this wolf down for her and sell the pelt! We'll be rich! It'll be great for the babe too, she's so young. Wishes her daddy was home more often."

"So is that the reason you come here every night to drink with me and not be with your young daughter?" The drinking partner who some might know as Harold asked with a sly smirk.

"Sometimes the handful is best left to the misses until she's in bed." Carl grinned, "Nonetheless, it'll all change when I catch this she-wolf. I tell ya, I see 'er again, she ain't gettin' away..."

---

Rumors spread through the Northlands village of a ghostly hound who stalks at night. Those who listen quiet enough can sometime hear her mouthful howls late into the twilight hours.

And sometimes, if you are close enough, the white feather worn around her neck is visible. The only memento to her former existence.

[ image disabled ]

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 30
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: Heisenbeast
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Seth von Hendricks
2. Elvalith Nain
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org