The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Healing Hamley (Again)
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
This thread is now closed
Author Post
teraptus
02:02:24 PM 03/01/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
The messages had been sent out, each had been talked to and the plan discussed. While most agreed, there were a few that didn't agree with Phillian's take on the situation. But the leg work was done. Resting in Hamley Phillian reached out with his senses and briefly touched on the wound that covered the lands around Hamley. Enthaet had said it was healing, and it did seem like it was, slowly. He had compared it to frostbite, something that will heal with time but will never fully recover without assistance. And it was that assistance that Phillian sought to organize. Having talked with each of those that wished to help, it was now time for one big meeting to set when, where, and how. A few birds fly off from Hamley, delivering messages to those conversed with requesting when a meeting would be most appropriate for them....

//For all the naturey types that Phillian has been in contact with over the last couple of weeks please PM me with dates and times that would work best for people. I figure a weekend works best//

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
Drakill Tannan
10:53:11 PM 03/01/09

Registered Member #1308
Joined: 02:23:15 AM 05/31/08
Location: Mexico
Posts: 220
"A panther crosses the lond road westwards, past the iron clan caves towards hamely. It still bears the burns of acid from a wyrm bettle, and a dusty fur coat form the ashes of the path, knowing he'll likely be spotted and killed at plain daylight, Melchior stops in a hill to rest and wait for night fall.

He watches the fallen trees, and feels somewhat disgusted. some are still alive, trees don't feel like people, but Melchior can still feel what they feel, it reminds him of the pain of the land. He meditates about the great harm to the land causef long ago, a wound that hasn't healed. He has waited for weeks now, waited for the duirds to organise and discuss a cource of action, he grows impacient. "You might practically be the panther, but you have the pacience of an umberhulk" The voice of his master sounds in his head. Alas, he cannot wait any longer.

He makes a thought, an intention, thouse powerfull enough to sometimes end in the ears of thouse who might listen. "We must hurry to gather, for every day we wait, the land suffers further". He falls asleep, by the time he wakes up it's nightime. It will be easy to sneak though hamely now."

// And by that i mean the next weekend is fine for me, prefeably in the morning (US West mornining since i dobut Aguascalientes Mexico will be a good refernce) But defently not on weekdays, i have some school to do and i've decied i'm going to get an A+ in everyhitng.//
[ Edited 04:54:58 AM 03/02/09 ]

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

If you can understand this you've read a lot of books.
If you can understand this AND are not a native english speaker.. just wow.
Back to top
legolasgirl1987
05:34:38 PM 03/02/09
Registered Member #1239
Joined: 12:37:24 PM 01/20/08
Location: My body is the UK my mind is in Canada *nodnod*
Posts: 1270
Sitting in her home in Davenshire, Merta had a lot on her mind. But one of the main things was Hamely, she had promised Phil she would help in anyway she could ... and she never made a promise she didn't intend to keep. Stepping outside for some fresh air, she looked up at the sky; listening to the wolf howls of Willow and Timber hunting in the Bog nearby. Smiling, a hand on her stomach and sighing contently ... she wondered if she was in any condition to help, but she would go when called for to help in any capacity.

She would never go back on a promise, especially to a good friend like Phil.

// as long as it's a weekend i'm good with whatever, friday or saturday are the best days for me *nods* //
[ Edited 11:35:21 PM 03/02/09 ]

Phoenix Anisai - Hin Druid of Enthaet, Shapewalker and Keeper of Thain. A Keeper's Struggle - Little Wolf
Yuggorath - Green Slaad Mage, Slaad Lord of the Material Plane.Chaos Reborn
Melinda Featherfoot - "Little White" Hinkin, Draconic Musician.
Angelica "Angel" Flightfoot - Hin Archer, Nature Walker

Millia Anisai-Brushe - Hin Locksmith, The Scarlet Shadow.
Litiana Jr'enei - Poisonwood Elf, Necromancer.
Kelsy Clearwater - Hin Bloodmage, Copper Dragonkin.
Linposi Samwir - Gnomish Artificer, Merchant.
Lilliana "Lillypad" Lokoti - Hin Musician, Writer of Tales.Lilly's Book of Songs, Poems and Tales
Amanda Blake - Mute Sorceress

“My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” - Jack Layton
Back to top
Website
teraptus
04:32:55 PM 03/11/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
Birds fly out from Hamley, delivering messages across the isle to those friends of nature, stating a place and time to meet

//Setting it for this Sat, March 14. Meet in the Feywood grove. I'm setting the time for 3pm PST but I am flexible if this doesnt work for people

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
teraptus
03:35:19 PM 03/23/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
// Giving this another try, setting it for this coming Sunday, March 29, 3pm PST 6pm EST

[ Edited 03:54:12 PM 03/26/09 ]

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
teraptus
03:55:01 PM 03/26/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
//Sunday, March 29, 3pm PST 6pm EST. If this doesnt work for people let me know. I'm free all Sun right now so can schedule it whenever

[ Edited 03:59:32 PM 03/26/09 ]

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
Drakill Tannan
12:24:13 PM 03/31/09

Registered Member #1308
Joined: 02:23:15 AM 05/31/08
Location: Mexico
Posts: 220
And so, the metting came and finished.

Melchior departed in the shape of the feline, to attend other affairs. However what had been said held a great importance in his mind. He could have never know that the lands of Hamley where as harmed, and now there was truly an alternative to heal them. Willow's spell made sence, to Mel's eyes it was the rght thing to do, however it was not an easy task. Althouhg convincing the mages who cast the arcane winter should be simple, and the deeds of Zentarus had been redemed, there was the great problem of avenging the land from the demon Azuul. He had faced the demon in the past, but althouhg it was killed.. it came back, and so did his influence over drakamyre. The thing was inmortal, much like Gripherus and Uultak.

Of cource there is no such thing as absolute inmortality, there had to be a way to destroy the evil one. Willow had mentioned someting about "Azuul's true heart", whatever it was, it sounded important. Perhaps it was the source of his power? perhaps the source of his inmortality? whatever it was Melchior had to know more.

But where to start? In the great libary of steinkreis? where there any demonologists in the island? Not that he knew of. He would start by the library that's for sure, and asking the people arround the campfire could work as well, but if nothing worked.. where to go? The only thing Melchior could think of was the Abyss, likely Azuul came from there, perhaps someone down there knew him, and the're might be writings about it somewhere donw there, but...

How in the hells would he enter the abyss in the first palce? not to mention he defenelty wouln't do it alone, however finding a group to enter the mourning knight's in and slay Azuul was hard enough already, in fact he never managed to do so, Kriel Kelm did.

An idea crossed his mind, Kriel Kelm had returned to thain specifically to destroy Azuul, but cleary he never succeded, and he would be more than willing to try a more serius attempt. Also he might know how to enter the abyss. With this in mind, Melchior tried to think of all peopel who might know how to decend into it, although he really coun't be sure of who knew, but if an expedition to the abyss where necesary, who would come with him? The druids of the meeting should automatically voluntier: Phillian, Williw, Styvin and the Raner, Krin, likely miss AJ would follow Phillian, and if Kriel where in the island he would come too, and michelle would follow him.

But he was being too optimistic.

In the end, he decided not to assume something that might not be. And instead left a note in the trade, perhaps the posible reward would lure some adventurers?

In the meantime he would search through the libary of steinkreis, maybe he would find something, and asking random adventurers might bring good results as well. And even if he finished with that and didn't succed.. there where other affairs that required his attention.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

If you can understand this you've read a lot of books.
If you can understand this AND are not a native english speaker.. just wow.
Back to top
teraptus
05:10:38 PM 04/03/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
The meeting had occurred and a decision on a course of action had been made. Phillian's ritual was to be performed to help stopgap the problems until Willow's more permanent solution could be enacted. To that end he set out to collect the needed focus's. One had been provided by Fistin and the Keepers, a phoenix feather to represent air. He couldn't think of a stronger representation. Something of air that focused on healing. Next came the waters from the healing fountain in the Bagnorn holdings, the strongest healing fountain he was aware of to represent water. Earth, a celestial crystal, a stone of earth imbued with positive energy. Fire was still to be collected, but he had something in mind for it already. A fire stone, plucked from the lava caves, holding within it the very passage to the plane of fire. It was with these four items that Phillian hoped would help bring some healing to the lands around Hamley and offer some reprieve to its people

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
teraptus
01:17:45 PM 04/08/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
//Looks like we're going to try for the final ritual this weekend. Sat Apr 11 at 3pm EST. Let me know if this works for people

oops.. corrected the time


[ Edited 03:23:19 AM 04/09/09 ]

[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
teraptus
07:10:12 PM 04/13/09
Registered Member #767
Joined: 01:16:16 PM 05/08/06
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 656
The items had been collected, the people gathered, everything was falling into place, finally. To say Phillian was nervous was an understatement. He'd done this spell before, but never on this scale. A field or two was all he was experienced with, this was an entire village. He only hoped he was strong enough and experienced enough to handle and mold the magics that would be produced. The details had been set out, with a few last minute changes due to the appearance of a strange stone. Gathering everyone he gave out the instructions. Krin, Styvn, Hayleigh, and AJ were to keep the area secured. Willow and Ras were to lend their strength, power, and experience to the spell and channel it into Phillian. The four items, each representing an element and an aspect of life itself formed a square around the druids focusing on the middle point, the rock that Phillian kneeled on. Starting up the ritual a surprise and unwanted visitor in the form of Amel showed up, but he did not interfere and things proceeded as they should. The magic crackled and flared around Phillian as the ritual spell grew, the land itself rising up to assist. Gathering it around him he focused the magic into the pond and tree nearby, seeking to implant the spell as far below the ground as possible. It took Phillian every ounce of control and strength he had he channeled the magic forth in one big spell and collapsed on the rock, his energy spent. The spell was complete, now they just had to wait and see if it had worked.
<div class='spacer'>[ image disabled ]</div>


[ image disabled ]


Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 21, Members: 4 ...
Just Miggen viewing forum.php
ChaoticDrow viewing news.php
Toast viewing forum.php
Oberon viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1874
Newest member: Bingo

Now Playing
1. Jarrel Kley
2. Gram Mason
3. Seth Evershade
4. Joan
5. Nore Yanicelin
6. Arial Benneset
7. Brooklyn Ja'Quoi
8. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
9. Sage Evershade
Render time: 0.0987 sec, 0.0099 of that for queries. DB queries: 30.