The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Kyssyt
03:05:25 PM 01/17/20
I agree about the absurdity of conversations that last two days and two nights. but in terms of age - especially long-term characters - passage of time throws up interesting questions.

Jandari
11:09:33 AM 01/17/20
Yeah, it's all subjective and based on the story being told.

Payne
10:11:19 AM 01/17/20
*Points to Dogberts comment*

This is the way.

Dogbert
01:11:39 AM 01/17/20
I prefer to use real-time, myself! I don't imagine any of my characters have really had 4 day conversations, for instance.

Cuchuwyn
08:29:10 PM 01/16/20
It should be noted though that time is a nebulous concept at best on Thain. The answer to any question about how much time has passed between two events is always "however much time is most interesting for the story".

Thranduil Greenleaf
08:18:58 PM 01/16/20
@Kyssyt,
I did the math on that about 10 years ago, and if it hasn't changed, 1 year RL is equal to about 30 years game time on Thain. So, 12 years RL would be about 360 years on Thain.

Kyssyt
08:05:23 PM 01/16/20
What's 12 RL years in Thain years?

Jandari
05:51:49 PM 01/16/20
code? Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start?

Cuchuwyn
05:40:58 PM 01/16/20
You know, this Melphaecto woman may be a bit harsh, but she at least has a code.

Payne
03:31:27 PM 01/16/20
Vaurin is looking like the hero we all need after all.



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Contract: Revenge
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Just Miggen
02:03:46 PM 02/12/09
nerf ts


Registered Member #463
Joined: 07:37:12 PM 03/09/05
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 7645
...awhile later in Feywood...

An elf bearing the armor of the Feywood scouts moved swiftly through the forest, perching on a rock and gazing off towards the wood's floor now flecked in the looming moonlight. Slowly the elf moved about, careful to not alert any of the nearby animals of her presence as she passed through the silver blotches beaming through the breaks in the trees. The southern region was barely patrolled, but rumors of Amel causing disruption outside the forest were too common to be ignored. The moon waned, clouds moving over it and blocking its luminescent embrace over the forest for the time being. Stepping through the underbrush the elf moved aside some of the foliage, peering into a small glade-- and a gathering of wolves.

Amel?

She waited, waited as the lunar body above to show its face once more. As the silver lighting outlined the wolves of the glade the scout was able to determine these were not of Amel's control, nor were they maddened by the sickness of the riftstones. Bow still at hand she entered the grove, slowly approaching as the wolves peered up in unison at the intruder.

"Amin naa tualle." she assured them, holding out her hands and inclining her head, showing no signs of harm as she bowed even lower and set her weapons down. The wolves locked their many gazes on her for a few more moments before looking back at the object they were circling. Curiously the scout peered into the center of the wolves' ring, brushing her hand along them as she moved into the middle, leaning down and picking up what the wolves were staring at, removing the stone that half covered it first.

A letter... in common...

Sealed Letter wrote ...
Dear Willow,

The land is something that not only your kin thrive on but my people as well. I understand your plight, but there is little I can do. I must move forward and expand or face guilt that my soul could otherwise not bear. If the land is cursed, as is insinuated, then perhaps it is best to removed these trees that border my village less they become more haughty and violent towards my people. We require the wood of the forest for resources and a clearing in order to expand the walled in farms of Hamley simply to store our stocks. Would you rather an island starve then to have a portion of the wood removed? Is this what your people desire? The trees simply act up because of the renegade druid Amel, something I am fully prepared to deal with. Your kin have made it clear their stance, and that is to remain in your woods undisturbed. I will respect these wishes, and ask that you respect mine to stay away from my affairs.

--Colonel Bennars

P.S. No messenger wished to run this to the stronghold, so I will have it left in a place that I hope you can find it in a timely fashion. My apologies if this falls into the wrong hands, or finds you long after this affair is over.


The scour furrowed her brows, inclining her head to the wolf pack once more before grabbing her weapons and bounding off into the forest once more... in search of Willow...

~*~

Meanwhile in Hamley...

Most of the posters had been removed, as the Colonel ordered. He still wondered who made them, he strongly expected the C.D.F. (Jeri was always out of his mind) but it was also possible a concerned group of citizens met in secret and wished to resolve their matter on their own. It didn't matter either way, the intention was good but it certainly didn't help... they didn't need any more attention from the Feywood.

The healers in the barracks kept a careful eye on their new helper, making sure he was never left unattended and only allowing him to assist them in aiding the wounded Empyreans and woodsmen that kept coming in. His sudden arrival had been strange, but Miss Sanner was never one to turn down help.

Progress on the woods had been slow, with Amel's attacks and protests from others the men had hardly made any progress in harvesting lumber and clearing out the area. The relief from the Knaves and the CDF was bound to change that soon... hopefully... and progress could resume as normal before the harvest season.

...back at the Feywood Council...

Lady Syrissia bowed her head to Styvn, speaking in elven,

"Many thanks for the warning. It seems to humans grow impatient and are quick to suspect, a fault they have carried for many ages. If Amel is still using the Feywood to dwell in between these attacks we may not be left to do nothing, perhaps eradicating him for a time and relieving ourselves from him.

I admit that it pains me to hear they seek the destruction of their neighboring forest, the humans of Hamley, but violence from Feywood would serve no good. They have cursed their land, and many trails I fear still await them..."

[ Edited 08:09:46 PM 02/12/09 ]

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the half-drow dragonblooded sorcerer raised in Celestia with a mechanical mithril arm and scimitars for hands.



You love to see it.
Back to top
Website
BigJ
03:07:45 PM 02/12/09

Registered Member #697
Joined: 04:08:26 AM 02/24/06
Location: Staffordshire . .UK
Posts: 134
J'redd came across one of the leaflets blowing in the wind and as he realised it said the same as on the poster, he sighed. He knew what the leaflet said was not true, he was stationed in Hamley, work continued, the gates were open, but someone obviously wanted to cause unrest. Either this was to further compound the problems of Hamley or designed to garner distrust towards the elves on the isle, maybe both. Most conflicts are started by a mis-understanding, and this propaganda was a step towards a mis-understanding.

As he tried to consider the effect of the leaflets, an idea took him. This couldn't simply be left be, and he quicky sat down a moment to write some letters. He felt he'd had a good idea however, he was not the one to use it, but others might.
Back to top
Edrick
06:33:10 AM 02/13/09
Midnight Mayhem Master of Doom.

Registered Member #16
Joined: 05:27:25 AM 02/24/04
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1313
As she paced back and fourth in the gloomy cave she was nearly yelling out loud.

"Where has he been... Amel where are you?.. Why can't you answer the messages I leave you. Why do I even care so much!".

Flustered and anger clearly getting the better of her she decides to check out Hamley and see if he is still fighting. Perhaps he is hurt or captured or worse they may have found a way to kill him.

"If he is fighting he might need some help."

Going through all the gear she chooses whatever potions and scrolls might be handy for this trip and left everything else behind. Taking the form of a kobold she made her way around the back where the tree lines met with the loggers.
Not finding him angered her more and as a logger got within reach she crept up ever so slowly. The glimmer from her blade intensified as it was drawn out into the shimmer of the moon.

"Wait.. that’s not a moonlight its from a lady with wings and some soldiers from stienkress. And a few keepers."

Finally taking in everything around her she was surrounded but they didn't see her yet. So she ducked back and waited watching and listening.

Half hour passed by her heart beating rapidly and her ears picking up the sound of an axe to wood and between every hack words spoken by the group around her. She needed a distraction but to summon anything would give her away. Then a distraction came from underdark just perfect timing maybe a gift.

Someone yells. "There is a Beholder near by be alert."

The sounds of heavy footsteps all marching away until only the audible sound of the lumber jack working was heard. This was her chance so she took it killing him in two swipes and running thru another. The guards stationed took notice and so the hunt was on Vera hid moving little at a time. It wasn't long before someone used a spell to find her and a full-blown retreat was in order. Using all the equipment she brought with her she immediately turned the area to darkness and ran after the closest threat. Knocking her down in mid cast and running past to the escape route.

Arrows were whizzing by and about a third of them still finding their way into the frame of her back slowing her down. Quickly glancing behind at her pursuers she downed a few more potions and continued on.

"Poison arrows making me weak. Got to keep moving I have only a little distance to cover."

She made it losing the party to the goblins shielded her escape but now laying in the cavern wrapping her wounds. This battle is taking its toll on everyone and it’s getting even more dangerous for her and the wounds of today prove it. How much further will she take it? Only time will tell leaning her head back against the wall closing her eyes contemplating her next move.


I am going to put you to sleep and I ain't talking about counting sheep. I am talking about six feet deep!!!!





Dontella wrote ...

Edrick, DM Mode - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, Drowning Pool.

Back to top
athelas68
08:42:37 AM 02/13/09

Registered Member #54
Joined: 05:54:57 PM 03/05/04
Location: back in the highlife again
Posts: 221
The dwarf walks his way to Bence's, clear determination in his eye. A messenger of the lads, they knew he could be counted on. His merits in battle were unquestioned, and his love of the Song unrelenting. Making his way to the counter, page in hand, and a mournful look in his eye he prepared to make a stand for that which they held dear.

"Oi Bencie, I has a note wha gossa go on ye's board."

Bence nods and points to the public board already full of random memos, propaganda, advertisements, and outdated garbage. His hands trembled as he strained to reach the top of the board and place the note in a place of importance, and then.. it was done.

[ image disabled ]
[ 54_passionate_plea.jpg ]

Athelas -Damage Incorporated
Ash - Master Vagrant
Back to top
Taniki
12:33:32 PM 02/13/09

Registered Member #292
Joined: 11:48:48 PM 10/03/04
Location: England
Posts: 2631
Hayleigh in the chaos of tending to Hamley, its inhabitants and the protectors needs had failed to notice any letters or messages till a Steinkreis Knave brought one to her attention and a plan. She had approved and felt she had a plan of her own.

Despite the dangers Feywood would present to Hayleigh Faldanis, she left Hamley and walked on regardless.

-- Hayleigh Faldanis

May we "be" blessed with pleasant gaming

MSM- I haven't seen those Harps of Hellball drop anywhere yet...

*realises that Hayleigh could make her bunny and flower filled dreams of happyness come true by smiting the crap out of every evil thing on Thain with such an item*

... which may be for the best



Though if I can be only any help at all, please do not hesitate to ask
Back to top
Wolfman
03:09:52 AM 02/15/09
Registered Member #842
Joined: 06:59:42 AM 08/25/06
Posts: 184
The villagers in Hamley who witnessed the event, might have noticed that three elves counted among the heroes that had defeated the one known as Amel. Amongst them were the Keeper Celeste and two elven archers, one male and one female.

Falkral Deldukr - Steward of Hammersong - Redemption
Firithi Vilanea - The Broken Arrow
Back to top
Edrick
05:50:40 AM 02/16/09
Midnight Mayhem Master of Doom.

Registered Member #16
Joined: 05:27:25 AM 02/24/04
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1313
“Ashes! They turned him into ashes!!”

As she strode into the area her and the protector used to walk around the village of Hamley memories flooded her bringing even more anger. Those that were wise enough to run away mentioned that she kept saying.

“Ashes!! You turned him into Ashes!! Burn!!”

She continued to say that over and over. Shifting into beast the guards and workers not knowing where to run or how to strike back. It was only hours ago when word finally got back to her about what has happened to Amel.

Wasting no time she went in and wiped out as many as she could before being pushed back by the reinforcements. Setting aflame all of her victims in her wake. Meanwhile they searched for her in the forest she was already leaving her last victim set aflame walking away.
[ image disabled ]

I am going to put you to sleep and I ain't talking about counting sheep. I am talking about six feet deep!!!!





Dontella wrote ...

Edrick, DM Mode - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, Drowning Pool.

Back to top
BigJ
04:43:37 PM 02/23/09

Registered Member #697
Joined: 04:08:26 AM 02/24/06
Location: Staffordshire . .UK
Posts: 134
J'redd was perusing the noticedboard at the Trade, he had come to learn it can be a useful source of infomation, then one particular leaflet caught his eye and he smiled. It seemed Hayleigh had indeed managed to organise some villagers to create and distribute his idea. 'They must be all over the island by now' he thought to himself as he turned and left.


Dear Citizens,

We happily inform you Hamley will always be faithful to its responsibilities to feed the island and will always seek ways to help accomplish that task. The 'other' leatlet claiming otherwise, and that the gates of Hamley are closed was complete hogwash, we can only assume it came from the deranged mind of someone trying to cause strife.

Please consider, we have survived far greater dangers than a single druid being over zealous in his beliefs, do you really think we would fold to this one person? Of course not, the gates of Hamley are always open and the Roadhouse as warm and inviting as ever for drinks and a meal. Do not believe the charlatan's lies, pay us a visit and see for yourselves.

The REAL villagers of Hamley

Back to top
Just Miggen
09:25:52 PM 02/23/09
nerf ts


Registered Member #463
Joined: 07:37:12 PM 03/09/05
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 7645
Rumor began spreading among the Hamley citizens quickly, apparently some of their own formed a coalition-- but who? Some speculated the rich, while others speculated only the poor. It was rumored among some that it was only the guard force, the Empyreans, who hid their intentions, but little regarded that as fact.

Still, suspicion was in the air.

You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the half-drow dragonblooded sorcerer raised in Celestia with a mechanical mithril arm and scimitars for hands.



You love to see it.
Back to top
Website
Lightfoot
12:05:20 PM 02/25/09

Registered Member #157
Joined: 12:18:57 PM 06/25/04
Posts: 15510
Preening himself slightly within the shape of an eagle, Willow reconsidered the steps taken to save the Land upon which Hamley stood, and to bring restitution to the Balance of Nature as he watched the lumberjacks continue their work. Neither enchantment nor misdirection seemed to stem the tide of the Lumberjack's blows. Though the Island had long survived upon the produce of the farms spread over its surface, now it seemed that Hamley wished to farm more than it's fare share? Nature would set the fulcrum of the Balance, despite their strident calls .. Willow prayed they would not pay too dearly through the generations to come.

Anya had sought to bring together the differing sides of the troubles, yet Willow was not convinced even the good will of the adventurers involved might persuade the folk of Thain and Hamley who seemed assured of their path. Willow had written to Colonel Bennars, and sought peace alongside Hayleigh and those seemingly defending the town. Unto even seeking the priests of the town to intercede with the leaders of the community to which he explained his situation and fears for the land ...

[ image disabled ]
[ 157_remembering_his_speaking_to_the_priest.jpg ]

Though some of these efforts might yet bear fruit, Willow felt impelled to seek another line of defence for the forests that in part held the future of the Lands about Hamley he was sure. Should the ecology of the forests be damaged too much upon the lands already damaged by long years of torment by the forces of darkness, and unwise choices, then e'en his attempts at atonement for those poor choices by his kin might be doomed to failure, and his insight into an extension of the Wasted lands even unto Hamley might come true.

Spiralling upwards, Willow sought out the far reaches of Feywood and the Grove of the Ungue Orn. Landing within that hallowed place his form shimmered easily back into his autumnal haired elfin shape. As he reached out to brush the fur of the grizzled Bear that had been his companion of many years and remained within the Grove now advancing years made travelling less easy for him, Willow's hand touched once more the wand of Nag'atrina slipped into the leather twine of his belt, from which various fetishes and pouches dangled.

Suddenly his mind flew to the flower gifted to him in order to contact Lady Nag'atrina, and thus to the aid perhaps the Fey folk might gift unto the forest's health. Perhaps he might contact others of the Fey who might be able to aid the forest with him? The Fey magic that oft was a blend of great power and illusions to turn the mind and heart might through artifice be able to slow the lumber work and clearing that Hamley's commanders seemed most enthusiastic to continue.

[ image disabled ]
[ 157_discovery_of_hallucinatory_terrain.jpg ]

Nodding to himself Willow blew upon the pipes he carried to call out to the birds of the Ungue Orn and together within the Flock, they sought out those Fey Willow hoped might help cast the illusions he prayed might save the land more eventual pain ...

Deeper and deeper into the living forests did he fly, even unto one of the Gates to the Woods Beyond, that dwelt upon what some thought were the edges of Faerie. There did Willow hold in his hands the Wand of Nag'atrina and seek to call forth it's power. Where once before it's magic had woven about him the form of a satyr (or so he thought) .. now it wove about him to magically attune him to the Fey and give his outward appearance that of a Pixie or Grig of the forest. In a high piping, sylvan voice did Willow seek to find those talented with magic and illusion of the Fey to aid him in fashioning a constructed illusion.

[ image disabled ]
[ 157_by_the_power_of_the_wand.jpg ]

Where the Lumberjacks of Hamley thought they cut trees one night, perhaps the next morn they would find again pristine forest to put their hearts at despair at ever cutting more of such beauteous trees ...

[ Edited 11:47:17 AM 03/27/09 ]
Back to top
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 11, Members: 3 ...
Alanonas viewing news.php
Vaeltava viewing forum.php
ChaoticDrow viewing news.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1874
Newest member: Bingo

Now Playing
1. Jarrel Kley
2. Arial Benneset
3. Gram Mason
4. Seth Evershade
5. Joan
6. Nore Yanicelin
7. Brooklyn Ja'Quoi
8. Jiztroyir Miqrohorj
9. Sage Evershade
Render time: 0.0917 sec, 0.0116 of that for queries. DB queries: 34.