| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Rodgr Thunderguts
01:45:44 PM 12/10/19
No, just normal fighting, two of the abilities work and two don't. Thanks Squidget

Squidget
01:09:55 PM 12/10/19
I have seen that bug with cooldown-based abilities before, but I thought I squashed it. Anything in particular you were doing when you activated the abilities?

Rodgr Thunderguts
11:21:33 AM 12/10/19
Yeah it's weird it is just two of the skills, I tried resting, re-logging etc etc, it is still the same the other skills reset after about 30 seconds
Weird?

Corlupi
11:02:28 AM 12/10/19
@Rodgr: That sounds like way too long - even for a low level monk.

Rodgr Thunderguts
10:40:15 AM 12/10/19
Anyone ever had the monk skills take 8000+ seconds before you can re use it, only happening to two of them, never played a monk before so I wasn't sure if that is -normal- ? Thanks !!

Galorndan
07:43:47 PM 12/09/19
Rick!!

Squidget
06:17:10 PM 12/09/19
Can you post a screenshot of the error you are seeing? Or are you seeing one?

rick
06:15:31 PM 12/09/19
Hi if you have a chance ,icant get into Beamdog,thanks

Squidget
03:54:58 AM 12/09/19

scratch_flannigan
12:34:51 PM 12/08/19
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

(Be aware of the Daylight Saving Time Voodoo that changed recently ! )

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be missing the event today as I attend a work event. Cuchuwyn, the great Druid of Water and The South will be leading The Calling today !

(Many thanks, Cuch ! )

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The Amulet of Flame
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Cleric of Mystra
10:00:41 PM 09/02/08

Registered Member #1083
At the Trade...

The candle’s light created a peculiar effect on the elf’s features. He stared at them, lost in thought. Across him, the gnome Bigrin sat, talking about what could be done to further Elvith’s control of the flame. The illusionist quickly made notes about every answer the elf gave him, his mind organizing information faster than Elvith could possibly imagine.

The amulet hanging from the elf’s neck pulsated with elemental energies; a simple trinket he had acquired from the Iron Clan goblins before, but that had managed to absorb any heat he didn’t want to let out. Far from being in control of the situation, he was still learning.
“I am you, you are me”, he said in Ignan. Somehow, he spoke their language, as if he had known it forever. Not that he had thought of that phrase either… his mind, his new mind told him that.
Elvith shared a part of him now. Or rather, he was allowed to share part of the flame. He wasn’t sure; it was all too confusing for him.

Days before…

Elvith flipped over the card he had chosen from the gypsy’s Deck of Hazards. Almost instantly, flames engulfed him and a rift to the Fire Plane opened behind him…

... back at the Trade.

A pouch of a thick leather was handed over to Bigrin. The mage looked into it and nodded, finding the size appropiate enough. He also mentioned the fire resistant amulet Elvith had on him, and that he would need one if he was to create the focus artifact, the Amulet of Flame. A source from where to draw fire and where to deposit it when Elvith didn't need it.

“Heh, Champion of Flame. You picked a good one”, he said to himself.
Both selves.

Ashan
Disgruntled, dishonest, dismissive.
Website
Cleric of Mystra
11:33:45 PM 09/02/08

Registered Member #1083
A note arrives, not long after their meeting...

Dear Elvith,

I hope this letter finds you well and safe.

I have done some research into the requirements for your Amulet of Flame and have come to find we will be needing the following pieces:

1 Wyrm Beetle Carapice - to carve a locket from to contain the fire and heat

1 Good sized container of Tree Sap - to form a resin to hold the Fire Gem in place withing the locket

5 Reasonable Sized and Pulverized Fire Opals - for a filler in the resin

1 Dried and Powderized Wyrm Beetle Belly - as a catalyst for the resin

As best I can tell, this is all that shall be needed to be gathered, along with the necklace, as to create the object you seek.

If you have any more questions, you can seek me out or leave note with Bence or at the School for me.

Regards,
~Bigrin Zedelnor
Instructor of Illusion, Thain School of Wizardry, Steinkreis
Proprietor, Zedelnor Magical Crafts

Time for a visit to the Wastes, he thought.

Ashan
Website
Cleric of Mystra
10:55:50 PM 09/03/08

Registered Member #1083
The fire opals were already in his pack. All he needed now was someone strong enough to pulverize them, and he aleady had an idea.

These last days, things were calming down. He still heard the voice in his head from time to time, pushing him towards the flames when he was near them. However, the voice was not as demanding as before, and he didn't feel that burning desire to approach the source as strongly as before.

Still, Elvith knew the situation wasn't under his control for the moment. When he least expected it (and he could think of some quite awkward situations) he would be turned into his true self.

Even so, it's not like he didn't want to burn up when he did. He needed to feel it, because that’s what he was now. Flame and fire.

Ashan
Website
C_McG
02:55:23 PM 09/04/08
*lurks from behind the screen*

Registered Member #682
Bigrin was sitting quietly going over some notes he had made in researching other requests, when he came across the list of pieces needed to complete the amulet for Elvith. Scanning the list a small smile forms on his face. Setting the page down, he shuffles through the pages to find a black sheet and pens a letter to Elvith.

Dear Elvith,

Today by luck I was reviewing the necessary pieces to create the Amulet of Flame you have requested. It seems I may be able to help you in aquiring a couple of the components, namely the wyrm beetle carapice and belly, as I will likely be travelling to the Wastes in a few days time to accomplish a task that is long overdue.

If you have not collected these pieces by the time I journey out, I shall search out suitable items to be used in your amulet.

Regards,
~Bigrin
Instructor of Illusion, Thain School of Wizardry, Steinkreis
Proprietor, Zedelnor Magical Crafts

With the note penned he casts a small illusion upon it and adds it to the small pile of letters to be given to Bence for holding.

Chracters:
Biado Velen - Maskless One
Bigo Rockherder - Rock herding is much better than dirt farming
Soghedrin - Web Slinger
Roxy Blake - Knight more erring than errant
Chirrok Kurd - Pugilist
Cleric of Mystra
05:05:41 PM 09/04/08

Registered Member #1083
"Got anything for me, Bence?"

"Here, this arrived."

Elvith read the letter with a faint grin etched on his face. After finishing, he made his way to one of the tables and penned a reply.

Bigrin,

I wouldn't want to have you do all this by your own. If you will, I'd like to come. Just give me a date and I'll try to make it.

On another note, I already have the fire resistant amulets (two of them, in case things go wrong with the first try) and am waiting for Greygor to reply if he will pulverize the fire opals for me.

Thanks again for all this,
Elvith

That done, he walked to the School of Wizardry and dropped off the letter.

Ashan
Website
C_McG
05:50:00 PM 09/04/08

Registered Member #682
Reading the letter from Elvith, Bigrin smiles to himself.

"Ah, seems he has been busy. If we are successful in gathering the wyrm beetle carapice and belly then it should hopefully not be too long until the crafting of the amulet can begin."

Setting Elvith's note down on the table, Bigrin finds a blank sheet of parchment and pens a reply.

Elvith,

You are certainly welcome to aid me on my journey. Please find the day and time post scripted to this note.

Regards,
~Bigrin

*date, time and meeting place are given*

With the note complete, Bigrin heads back out to see Bence and learn of any news circulating the island.

Chracters:
Soghedrin - Web Slinger
Chirrok Kurd - Pugilist
Cleric of Mystra
01:29:21 PM 09/08/08

Registered Member #1083
What Elvith first thought to be an innocent trip to the Wastes (as innocent as such an adventure may be), ended up with him and a group fighting demons in the Abyss. The humorous part was, he thought, that everyone else knew they were going deep down. The other humorous part was that they actually managed to survive that place, and bound some powerful demon thing. Again. Or so they said.

Even with that confusion, they did get the wyrm beetle carapace and belly. It took a few tries, but eventually a non-mutilated belly was inside one of the elf’s magic bags, probably making a bloody, viscous mess of it.

Now, to pulverize the belly… Riley wouldn’t be exactly happy that he smashed the gooey thing in their room, but he really didn’t feel like dragging it out, taking into account the patrons and commoners raising a brow at the elf with the bloody bag.
He set the pouch on the floor and reached for his Iron Clan hammer. Then, he remembered the button in his belt; the one Guzbee had told him about the day he bought it, but never really cared enough to test. Who would have guessed he could actually lift the hammer properly?

[ image disabled ]

No, he did not have an adequate outfit for the occasion.

And, of course, he soon noted his mistake. Why did the words pulverized and powderized look so similar on paper?
He sighed and began cleaning the mess, while he planned another trip to the Wastes.

[ Edited 11:59:19 PM 09/08/08 ]

Ashan
Website
BlackNRose
09:23:43 PM 09/09/08

Registered Member #1189
Riley had an eventful day in the town. She did her daily shopping, her routine walk for fitness and picked up some light reading at the Libary across the street. All in all, she was indeed having a great day.
She couldn't wait to see her husband and hear him tell about the day's current events, and actually cook a decent meal.
Hey! She could say she'd been learning. And with Elvith's problem currently, she did ask to be kept updated.

She'd been home again, due to her selfish acts of hating not being strong. She'd understood she needed to grow, but any who knew Riley, knew she was as stubborn as a mule.

When she reached her room, a distinct smell of pure rancid guts, came to her. Death. She thought someone, or something might have died.

Opening her door, she dropped all her items and groaned spotting the mess Elvie had made with the Wyrm Beetles.

A small group of it was indeed piled together. She knew Elvie made what she'd called "An Effort" at cleaning it up, but the walls had juices on them, body parts here, a few guts here, a few spots burned the floor and the smell...Oh, the damn smell.

"Damn It Elvie.." She placed her hands on her hips and growled. "Oh, that man is in BIG trouble when I get ahold of him." The raged woman began cleaning and once her husband got home, he'd have something to look forward too. She was serving Wyrm Beetle guts to HIM for dinner, while she'd enjoy her nice and juicy steak.

Deayn Artist. Not a reporter...
Siobhan Carlson: The Spinning Shadow. Threads:Spinning Coin Themesong: Shadows--Lindsey Sterling
Bryqirelle of Dazana Kindness of the Moon. Themesong: Moon Song: Adrian Von Ziegler
Kore Phrixus: (Retired) Painbringer. Threads: Visceral Pain Torment The Enmity of Affinity Unfaithful Behavior
The Book of Blood and Bone Bringing the Pain Themesong: The Fighter-In This Moment
C_McG
05:54:00 PM 09/10/08

Registered Member #682
Bigrin wanted to take his mind off one of the many matters at hand, as such he started looking through the list of commisions for items, coming across Elvith's.

Smiling to himself as he looks at the page in his notebook, he realizes that Elvith should hopefully by now have all the required components. The wyrm beetle carapice and belly were collected on the trip through the Wastes and to the Abyss. The tree sap can be found in a properly rendered form from Cobblewall. He has said that he had the proper necklace already to afix the locket to. All that remained were the pulverized fire opals.

Sitting there, Bigrin decided to pen a note, to see where Elvith was in the final collection of required pieces.

Elvith,

I am writing to learn of your progress in aquiring the final pieces to form your amulet.

I know you have said that you own a proper necklace for the amulet to rest upon and as I saw you collect them, I know you have the carapice and belly of the wyrm beetle as required (which should be properly dry by now if you hung it in a drafty area, and thus ready to pulverize).

Please let me know if you have the remaining items so that we can finish the amulet so that you can begin to control your current affliction.

Regards,
~Bigrin

With the note written, Bigrin adds it to the pile of letters to give to Bence for holding.
[ Edited 07:15:46 PM 09/11/08 ]

Chracters:
Soghedrin - Web Slinger
Chirrok Kurd - Pugilist
BigJ
05:01:29 PM 09/11/08

Registered Member #697
At the Mine

After leaving Elvie at the roadhouse following a trip to the wastes, Greygor made his way into the mine with the remaining opals Elvie had given him.

As before, he uses the smelting equipment to to heat the opals and soften them up, then places them into a special bag and sets to work on the 'pulverising'.

He can't help but wince as he batters the bags valuable contents, the one comfort being these wern't his own gems.

Once he was happy the gems were pulverised enough, he adds the bags contents to the pouch with his earlier work, and leaves the pouch of 5 ex-fire opal gems for Elvie at the roadhouse.

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top