The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Rodgr Thunderguts
01:45:44 PM 12/10/19
No, just normal fighting, two of the abilities work and two don't. Thanks Squidget

Squidget
01:09:55 PM 12/10/19
I have seen that bug with cooldown-based abilities before, but I thought I squashed it. Anything in particular you were doing when you activated the abilities?

Rodgr Thunderguts
11:21:33 AM 12/10/19
Yeah it's weird it is just two of the skills, I tried resting, re-logging etc etc, it is still the same the other skills reset after about 30 seconds
Weird?

Corlupi
11:02:28 AM 12/10/19
@Rodgr: That sounds like way too long - even for a low level monk.

Rodgr Thunderguts
10:40:15 AM 12/10/19
Anyone ever had the monk skills take 8000+ seconds before you can re use it, only happening to two of them, never played a monk before so I wasn't sure if that is -normal- ? Thanks !!

Galorndan
07:43:47 PM 12/09/19
Rick!!

Squidget
06:17:10 PM 12/09/19
Can you post a screenshot of the error you are seeing? Or are you seeing one?

rick
06:15:31 PM 12/09/19
Hi if you have a chance ,icant get into Beamdog,thanks













Squidget
03:54:58 AM 12/09/19

scratch_flannigan
12:34:51 PM 12/08/19
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

(Be aware of the Daylight Saving Time Voodoo that changed recently ! )

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be missing the event today as I attend a work event. Cuchuwyn, the great Druid of Water and The South will be leading The Calling today !

(Many thanks, Cuch ! )



Forums
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
Uthoroc
05:04:24 AM 04/20/08
Director of the Thain Department of Potential God Employment Program

Registered Member #76
Joined: 11:18:30 AM 03/21/04
Location: Siegen, Germany
Posts: 2456
The Hammersong notables had gathered in the council hall, only the prince himself was absent.

Brooding as always Brendan, the Warden of the Gates, was slowly pacing the room. He rubbed the stump of his left arm, where a duergar axe had severed the hand many years ago.

In stark contrast Zerkis, Warden of the Crafts, sat quietly in one of the great chairs, observed the others and hardly ever spoke.

The matronly Elrois, Warden of the Fires, had just finished lecturing the others on the customs and traditions surrounding the royal succession. Not that the council members needed really reminding, but for Elrois strict adherence to precedent and tradition was paramount.

Zrogan Redcloak and Pelden Strongheart, the Court Wizard and High Priest respectively, looked at each other. They had talked about the issues at hand privately over a cold ale many times now. It was time to move tings along.

"So, if I understand ye correctly esteemed Warden, " Pelden addressed Elrois, "the time of mourning has passed now. It is time to pronounce the prince's succession, aye?"

Brendan snorted, but didn't say anything. Elrois thought a moment, then replied. "Yes, it is time. We have the proclamation ready. As ye well know, there must be enough time for anyone to step forward and announce objections though."

Pelden sighed. "Aye, we know. Two full moons should be sufficient, aye?" Elrois nodded grudgingly. "It's a bit short for me tastes, but it is sufficient."

***********************

TO ALL THE CITIZENS OF HAMMERSONG

Let it be known that according to the holy customs and laws of our forefathers Prince Rugar Greathammer shall succeed his father King Rugar Greathammer XIV as the sole and rightfully ordained king of the city and people of Hammersong.

Let it be known that any citizen of Hammersong or dwarf of respectable repute who knows reason that according to the same customs and traditions the above should not come to pass, shall step before the royal council of Hammersong and voice those reasons with a clear mind and conscience, without fear of reprisal.

Given by the Royal Council of Hammersong in the year of the death of Kind Rugar Greathammer XIV.
[ Edited ]

Banner created by Aremah

Jhendor - The world of my imagination
Maps and More - Fantastic Maps, Graphics and Web Design
Back to top
Website
Uthoroc
08:22:16 AM 04/23/08
Director of the Thain Department of Potential God Employment Program

Registered Member #76
Joined: 11:18:30 AM 03/21/04
Location: Siegen, Germany
Posts: 2456
I, Zerkis, son of Gurin, Warden of the Crafts, Royal Councillor of Hammersong, hereby pronounce my objection to the succession of Prince Rugar, Son of Rugar Greathammer XIV to the throne of Hammersong.

Is my firm conviction that in leaving the city himself to search for his father - and above that in leaving his bodyguard behind - the prince has shown to put his own concerns above those of the city and people of Hammersong. If it had not been for the protection of our ancestors, the city might well have been without leadership in these times of trouble.

In addition we all have learned that Prince Rugar killed his father with his own hands to end the torment he was subjected to. While I applaud his strength of heart and appreciate the enormousness of the decision, I do not think a king of Hammersong should have the blood of his own kin on his hands. How could he have the blessing of his ancestors?

I therefore call for an end of the Greathammer dynasty and for a great election among our people to choose a new line of kings. Let the misfortune and grief that our city has suffered end with the line of kings that ruled it through these difficult times.




Banner created by Aremah

Jhendor - The world of my imagination
Maps and More - Fantastic Maps, Graphics and Web Design
Back to top
Website
Uthoroc
02:25:48 PM 06/14/08
Director of the Thain Department of Potential God Employment Program

Registered Member #76
Joined: 11:18:30 AM 03/21/04
Location: Siegen, Germany
Posts: 2456
Long has the royal council debated Zerkis' objection behind the closed doors of the council chamber. Dwarven stubborness and thoroughness - and perhaps indecisiveness and internal division - have delayed a decision for many months.

But finally they seem to have decided on something and a new announcement is made.

***********************

TO ALL THE CITIZENS OF HAMMERSONG

Let it be known that doubt has been cast on the succession of the Greathammer line of kings of Hammersong. It is disputed by Zerkis, son of Gurin, Warden of the Crafts, who claims that his clan, the line of Silverhands, would more wisely rule the people and halls of Hammersong.

In accordance with the laws laid down by our founder Rugar Lawgiver and the traditions of our ancenstors, we, the Royal Council of Hammersong, put this issue before the people and host of the dwarves of Thain and people of Hammersong. May they vote in accordance with their traditions, convictions and their own conscience.

Each full citizen of Hammersong, or dwarf of Thain, or honoured dwarf-friend, as long as they have not been branded an enemy of Hammersong, shall step before the record-keepers of the halls and pronounce which line he would see on the throne of Hammersong:

The line of the Greathammers, as led by Prince Rugar Greathammer, son of Rugar Greathammer XIV.

or

The line of the Silverhands, as led by Zerkis, Warden of the Crafts, son of Gurin.

Each voice shall be counted as one vote, and which line collects the most votes until the council declares the election to be over shall hold the throne of Hammersong.

***********************

((If you'd like to vote in this election, you can either reply in this thread, state the identity of the voter and his preference, or wait until I implement a way to vote in the module (hopefully that would go live on Tuesday).

If you're unsure whether your character is eligible to vote, you can state your deeds for and honours from Hammersong to the dwarven record keepers - either in this thread, or in a PM to me - and they will let you know.))

Banner created by Aremah

Jhendor - The world of my imagination
Maps and More - Fantastic Maps, Graphics and Web Design
Back to top
Website
Lightfoot
02:34:35 PM 06/15/08

Registered Member #157
Joined: 12:18:57 PM 06/25/04
Posts: 15510
Willow entered the Hall's of Hammersong. He had oft asked about the time of the Coronation since the official mourning for King Rugar Greathammer XIV had ended.

Willow heard the notice with a little wonder, and wondered if the thought's of an elf of kind heart would be considered by the dwarven establishment, yet would remain interested to take word north to Feywood once the result was found.

Seeking the Hall of the Merchants to barter for that he required that day, and hopefully speak more with Moibhan for a time, he considered what he knew about the two folk that were to be considered for the royal throne of Hammersong. Perhaps the dwarven folk were different than all had considered here on the isle .. the way many folk had thought of them might have to change in the seasons to come, he realised.

[ Edited 07:35:04 PM 06/15/08 ]
Back to top
Uthoroc
01:41:24 AM 06/16/08
Director of the Thain Department of Potential God Employment Program

Registered Member #76
Joined: 11:18:30 AM 03/21/04
Location: Siegen, Germany
Posts: 2456
((You can now cast your vote by talking to the Record Keeper in Hammersong's temple - if you're a dwarf or a hero of Hammersong. If you think you are a hero worthy of a vote, but don't have the appropriate seal, contact me. ))

Banner created by Aremah

Jhendor - The world of my imagination
Maps and More - Fantastic Maps, Graphics and Web Design
Back to top
Website
Uthoroc
03:07:10 AM 06/18/08
Director of the Thain Department of Potential God Employment Program

Registered Member #76
Joined: 11:18:30 AM 03/21/04
Location: Siegen, Germany
Posts: 2456
Patiently the citizens of Hammersong filed through the temple and the halls of record to cast their vote in the election. Still discussions and rumours gave no indication which line would come out ahead in the end.

The council had set the end of voting for the end of the next month to give those not living in the city enough time to visit.

((The vote on the succession in Hammersong will end Saturday, June 21st, 16:00 GMT.

Please note, that the player votes will indeed decide how Hammersong's history progresses. I have no pre-determined outcome in mind and will decide effects based on the count of player votes)).

Banner created by Aremah

Jhendor - The world of my imagination
Maps and More - Fantastic Maps, Graphics and Web Design
Back to top
Website
Stormkitten
02:10:04 AM 06/21/08
...

Registered Member #118
Joined: 07:54:31 AM 05/14/04
Location: UK
Posts: 4725
Kimli sits quietly at the back of the temple, watching the people come and go.
Moving almost stiffly, she drops to one knee, praying for Enthaet's blessing on the Halls. Whichever candidate was chosen, by the grace of the gods, shehoped they would rule well.

Avatar - Tahira, from Blood Hunt
Eshtarra ~ shadowmage
Kasith ~ blacksmith

Back to top
Kyssyt
03:08:01 AM 06/21/08

Registered Member #1273
Joined: 09:56:54 AM 03/23/08
Posts: 490
Yaqui Hudd was walking through the halls as usual, but with an unusually serious look upon her face. She nodded to the folk she knew but today was not a day for idle chit chat.

She had discussed this succession business in depth with Elrois in the cool of the common hall, and had even conversed at length with Pelden about it. This was a serious business, to be sure, but she was slowly coming to a conclusion.

In the end, it came down to one thing: change. Was it time for a change? Such a serious one that would affect all, and may even have effects outside the city? Rumours were seeping even into Hammersong from visitors of trouble on the Isle; Tiamat was raising her ugly head it was said. And whereas the Duergar below had not tried anything serious lately, there was always the chance that they might, anytime. And there was still trouble with the water in the lakes .. and with the fire in the lava caverns.

She shook her head sadly, her mind made up after long weeks of deliberation and discussion with the brothers and sisters she knew and trusted best. Now was no time for a change.



//OOC: she votes for Prince Rugar.

In-game: Neverwinthefights
Back to top
Galen Meytre
06:24:40 AM 06/21/08
TPK Insurance Specialist, call now for our low, low rates! 1-800-U KILL ME

Registered Member #552
Joined: 11:34:52 PM 06/12/05
Location: The desert. Again.
Posts: 2602
Azel knelt in a quiet corner of the Black Glass Lake cavern, contemplating the decisions that faced him. The axe of Price Rugar lay before him, his father's blood still staining it's edge. The axe was a potent symbol of many things; the life of the King, his subsequent death and the courage of the Prince who had wielded it in the end.

He talked quietly in his sing-song voice, half prayer, half simply vocalising his thoughts.

"While many dangers have passed for the halls, many still remain to be faced. In the years o come we will need not only a strong leader, but a father to care for he needs of all. Zerkis has the strength of will to lead, but I wonder if he is strong enough to care with it? As for the Prince, he has shown his quality. Zerkis may well call it abandoning his post, his duty, but he showed true heart by doing what needed to be done, despite the risks and personal cost. The Father of the dwarves of Hammersong cannot rule by his head alone."

He fell silent for a time, running his hand over the handle of the greataxe. Eventually he nodded to himself and rose to his feet, wrapping the axe in a cloak and stowing it safely on his back before making his way back to the upper halls.


The next morning he made his way to the temple, walking confidently up to the Record Keeper and planting his double axe firmly on the ground.

"Good morning, kin. I am Azel Gimmol, Kaxanar of Haela Brightaxe, Hammer of the Stewards of Hammersong and Dragonsbane. In my mind there is only one line truly suited to rule over the future of the Clan's housed withing our great Halls, one line that has shown not only wisdom but heart, passion, bravery and compassion. I register my support for the line of the Greathammers, and shall cheer the day that Prince Rugar ascends to his rightful place! Jubilation!"

Ramen Varelse - Student of the Art, Chronomancer, bigot. "His nickname is "grumpy", and he's a jackass to even his friends, for the most part." - Arinoch
Yarail Ahinar - Poisonwood elf, brother to Xanigyu. Song: One To Another (lyrics)
Indilli Strongheart - Big city hin finding out who he truly is. Song - The Changing Man - (lyrics)

"Builder time would be much better spent adding support for ridable ponies for Galen Meytre's characters." - Vancello

Official Thain Endurance Recordholder - 1800BST 7 Sep 06 - 0130BST 10 Sep 06 - 55.5 hrs.
Back to top
Moviemaker137
07:46:53 AM 06/21/08

Registered Member #753
Joined: 08:37:02 PM 04/28/06
Location: Washington
Posts: 2015
Upon hearing the news of an election taking place Manus rolled his rotund mass out of bed, slipped on his armors, had a youngling polish them up for him right nice like, grabbed his axe and headed out toward the Record Keeper.

" 'ello there. The name be, Manus Brund, stout-hearted Steward o' 'ammersong fer as lon' as I canna remember." He took his helm off and showed it to the keeper for verification.

" It be a right pleasure o' mine ter cast me vote on this day. I been waitin' quite a while aye." he bowed his head. " There 'ad come a day, when me saw the King pass, that it done shook me to me core it did. I ain't seen somethin' so devestatin' in me life. Cause I always been lookin' up ter the likes o' that King Ruegar I did." his beard rustled with a bit of a sob for a moment.

" So umm it be me great 'onor it do fer me ter be 'ere today. It only do seem right ter carry on 'is legacy aye? An' that be why me ballo' gonna be cast fer Prince Ruegar. Ain't never done seen a finer family o' kin who known how ter handle thin's round 'ere. No point in spoilin' tradition aye?"

He smiled softly and proudly as he cast his ballot, then he picked up his helm and smiled. " Oy. An' if'n ye would tell the other Steward lads an' lasses that after all this 'lection buisness be done fer, Manus'll be back in style. Canna right have a new king without properly supporting me ranks now can I?" he smiled and let out a light bellowy chuckle.

He plopped on his helm buffed the side with a hand, smoothed out his beard, saluted the Record Keepers, and turned about to once again face the challenges of the Underdark - the task that on most days seemed never ending.

2008 People' Choice: Favorite Hero - Peter Highhill

Peter: Rightsized Hero -
Lochlan: Freelance Fisherman -
Cristiana: Assassin Archer -
Monty: White Knight - Take Me To Church - Hozier
Baern: Brass Brawler -Brother - NEEDTOBREATHE

~

Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 13, Members: 2 ...
Oberon viewing forum.php
ChaoticDrow viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1869
Newest member: Starscryer

Now Playing
1. Dace Sontan
2. Anyka Daevars
Render time: 0.0848 sec, 0.0078 of that for queries. DB queries: 33.