| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Rodgr Thunderguts
01:45:44 PM 12/10/19
No, just normal fighting, two of the abilities work and two don't. Thanks Squidget

Squidget
01:09:55 PM 12/10/19
I have seen that bug with cooldown-based abilities before, but I thought I squashed it. Anything in particular you were doing when you activated the abilities?

Rodgr Thunderguts
11:21:33 AM 12/10/19
Yeah it's weird it is just two of the skills, I tried resting, re-logging etc etc, it is still the same the other skills reset after about 30 seconds
Weird?

Corlupi
11:02:28 AM 12/10/19
@Rodgr: That sounds like way too long - even for a low level monk.

Rodgr Thunderguts
10:40:15 AM 12/10/19
Anyone ever had the monk skills take 8000+ seconds before you can re use it, only happening to two of them, never played a monk before so I wasn't sure if that is -normal- ? Thanks !!

Galorndan
07:43:47 PM 12/09/19
Rick!!

Squidget
06:17:10 PM 12/09/19
Can you post a screenshot of the error you are seeing? Or are you seeing one?

rick
06:15:31 PM 12/09/19
Hi if you have a chance ,icant get into Beamdog,thanks

Squidget
03:54:58 AM 12/09/19

scratch_flannigan
12:34:51 PM 12/08/19
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

(Be aware of the Daylight Saving Time Voodoo that changed recently ! )

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be missing the event today as I attend a work event. Cuchuwyn, the great Druid of Water and The South will be leading The Calling today !

(Many thanks, Cuch ! )

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Spymaster's Secrets
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
teraptus
11:02:55 PM 12/20/07
Registered Member #767
//OOC: This report is for Kampfer only and isnt common knowledge. It is based off of Celia's observations. Please dont use this info unless it has been passed to your character by Celia in game, thanks.//

The new office had come as a shock to her. She hadnít known the position had even existed until recently and now she held the job. Sorting through the office proved more difficult then she thought. Notes in code, half of it in gibberish, she would have to start from a clean slate. Being her first report, she decided to start things off with a general overview and work from there.

Spymasters Report
Ravenís Watch
While Krel wishes to make an appearance of having cleaned up the watch, the exact opposite is true. Now, more than ever, his little town is home to the scum of the island. Hiding Dragonkin, devilkin, and demonkin alike, serving as both as escape and barrier to serving them the fate they deserve. Guards struck dead, with head up on pikes. While a little less common then before the warning delivered by Lord Kampfer, they still occur more then would be liked to be seen. At the forefront of all of this is Pariah, the dragon priestess of Taimat. She protects and defends those that would seek harm to the isle. Sheís gathered a cadre under her that cause nothing but trouble, Iíve manage to figure out some of those that support her, but I doubt the list is complete

Pariah Supporters:
Rishkin Templar, a mage of some skill, tries to remain in the background and avoid open confrontation
Damuz, devilkin and known murder. Has a penchant for killing his victims and eating their hearts
Varíia: Dragonkin, claims that I have attacked him in the past even thought I didnít. Able warrior, has a brother of the same blood lineage
Gwen: A slippery character. She put forward a friendly demeanour, acting both friendly and cheerful, when in fact she can be anything but. Supporter of the dragonkin and ally to Pariah.

Below are also various other problems plaguing the islandand things worth keeping an eye on:

Ravenguard: An organization working out of Ravenís Watch, purpose unknown, backs Krel and tries to appease him as well as Pariah.
Lundgar: Loudmouthed dwarf, competent in a fight, and tough as nails. Not the brightest, second to Pravus
Pravus: The only words to describe him is ďdisgusting old man,Ē course this is the public appearance, behind this he seems to be plotting ways to put himself in control of whatever he can get his hands on.

Yohirrhil: Follower of Malar, murdering monk. Has attacked many cities including Steinkreis, wanted across the isle. Location currently unknown but extremely dangerous

Dretsch: Member of the Order of Syann, a skilled hunter and tracker, seen about the isle on a regular basis. Besides loyalty to Syann his other alliances are unknown.

Isabel: *section has been scribbled out, only thing readable is* Currently under surveillance

Thufie/Gorav: Mischievous hin who has shown himself capable of most anything, current location unknown, not seen since confonrtation.
Thayans: Inactive since their flagrant attack at the crossroads causing many deaths including innocent civilians and Brotherhood guards.

Drow: There are at least a few drow around the isle causing trouble and seem to be operating out of Ravenís Watch, seen killing guards and performing attacks in broad daylight including one on my own person.

Two Dragons have been spotted across the isle, a green one inhabiting the Feywood, and a Shadow Dragon that has struck at multiple places across the isle.

Additional reports to follow. If I should persue a particular lead of the Lords interest, please let me know

[ Edited ]

[ image disabled ]

Celia: Human female rogue with a quirky sense of humour Paper Cut

Calvor Dall: Paladin of Ilmater

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

Phillian D'Adumar: Young Male Gatekeeper Druid Learn to Fly Son Of Man
teraptus
01:28:01 AM 01/26/08
Registered Member #767
An update on the status of the isle.

Drow have become more of a nuisance, attacks occurring semi-regularity at the crossroads. The one person connected with the attacks seen residing in Ravenís watch. Most seem inexperienced, but one is quite the assassin, able to escape even my senses while magically enhanced.

A Zhentarim presence has been seen on the island, and seems to have allied themselves with the Thayans. Also, it seems the Thayans have had a reorganizing of sorts, no longer focused in one place but spread across the island. They recently have shown an interest in the abandoned Empyrean camp in the Wastes.

The planar rift in the school of magic has now been closed with the help of a mage friend on Caryís. It should no longer pose a threat.

A particular dragonkin by the name of Vaíria has been causing trouble again at the crossroads and was struck down, only to be raised by Brian the Red of the CDF. While I think the situation has been rectified it will be something to keep an eye out on. Also, spotted a suspicious character trailing the CDF member named Brodie. He seemed to have lost her trail but was intent on following her, reason unknown. A warning was delivered to her in this regard.

The Syann assassin known as Dretsch has been present more of late, what is more troubling is those accompanying him. Cristiana Loramir and Gwen Fynolds have both been seen in his company and accompanying him on various outings. Iím beginning to suspect they are either both members of the order of Syann or at the very least, working with them.

Evan, the fallen druid who was thought to be dead has surfaced again, at first she seemed to be lacking any memory of who she was, but those memories now seem to have returned and I fear she may have fallen back in favour with Yohirrhil, the murdering elven monk of Malar. She is still under watch

On a lighter note I have recruited to agents to work with me. They believe themselves working for me and are old friends I know to be trustworthy. I should be receiving reports from them shortly and will help greatly in my work.

Signed
SpyMaster

[ image disabled ]

Corian Munelen: Half elf Bard with a habit of finding trouble: Before It's Too Late

teraptus
11:25:11 AM 02/11/08
Registered Member #767
After receiveing Itarilde's letter Celia quickly pens up an update to her last report, this one handed to both Kampfer and Rittermark

This information has come to me from a source in the CDF and confirms the information I also have. Below is listed the names of those known as Syann members. Also, it seems the CDF is now making moves against these individuals. One of these is currently stationed near Kampfer and should be removed with the utmost discretion. Below is the list of the members of Syann and the Dawn of Shadows.

With recent confrontations I fear a war may result, especially if the confrontations become more apparent. A closer watch will be kept on all those involved

The list follows

//will edit more in later, currently at work//

[ Edited 02:54:51 AM 02/12/08 ]

[ image disabled ]

Eldurain
12:53:23 PM 06/17/08
Tempting as it was, I decided not to go round hitting people with a crowbar.

Registered Member #650
The events of the recent weeks had reached the monarch of Steinkreis. Frowning as his Court Mage informed him of the rumours and reports regarding the Dragon Kin, Krel and supposed dealings from a Keeper with Krel were worrisome to say the least.

wrote ...
I shall grant no audience this afternoon, Bargus. See to it.

Bargus nodded as Lord Kampfer retreated to his private study.

Later that afternoon a messenger can be seen heading from the Grand Keep to the Knight's Keep.

Miss Lane,

These are dark times, I'm sure you understand. You have no doubt read the notes Bargus send you regarding the Keeper and Krel and have heard of the attacks from the supposed hero kin, Mys.

In light of this all I have decided to give you a few new assignments.

I wish to receive full reports and to be kept informed on a regular basis of the events going on around the Chromatic Kin. The attack on the Trade and Tackel and Hamley serve as a renewed warning for us to remain vigilant.

Find out if Krel still offers shelter to those Kin that are responsible for the recent attacks and murders. And while you are at it, look into the affairs of the Keeper named Celeste Melie. Find out what she knows about Krel and what her angle is around the affairs in the Watch.

It might also be wise to begin keeping a list of known individuals who are defending, either through word or actions, these creatures of evil or giving them material aid.

Lastly, I wish for you to recruit a few people into service of Steinkreis. These will serve as spies under your command and the beginning of re-establishing our spy network.

Signed,

Bartholomew Kampfer
Sovereign of Steinkreis

Itarildť Eldurain ~-~ Half-Elf ~-~ Loremaster ~-~

Danath Eldurain ~-~ Elf ~-~ Rogue ~-~

If the Swan be nesting high, then floods are expected; if only the head of the Swan may be seen, they have arrived abruptly. - The Discworld Almanak
teraptus
06:17:43 PM 06/18/08
Registered Member #767
Having narrowly escaped Pariah and her companions, Celia limps back to Stein to begin her latest report.

Pariah and her ilk are growing in number rapidly. They currently have their sight set on Crater Lake Fort. I have yet to determine if they are welcome in Raven's Watch, but there does seem to be some tension there. Not only are the number of Kin growing, but those supporting them as well. Below I have a few of the names I know and overheard

Pariah, priestess of Tiamat
Kastian, Pariah's follower
Va'ria, dragonkin
Kadia
Vilioviel, elven, archer or bard
Yoh, elven red-eyed monk, known killer
Izuria, Priestess
Vogesh, orc warrior
Marcus, warrior of some sort, dragonkin

I will continue my surveillance and may have someone on the inside working to help

Signed, SpyMaster

[ image disabled ]

teraptus
06:21:36 PM 09/22/08
Registered Member #767
With the dragon attack right outside the gates, Celia decided that matters with Fhelkorn could no longer be ignored. After a few days of collecting together some info, quite a bit coming from an unlikely source in one Meggie Fionn, Celia sits down to write her report, with a few updates on other things

The attack on Greenvale by the Syann assassins was unfortunate. The Silver, Gzalmash, suffered enough wounds to bring about his death. I've been trying to collect what info I can about the attack and who was involved. So far I have four names. Pravus, Yoh, Rishkin, and Damus. I recently spotted Drestch as well, and would highly doubt that he wasn't involved. I'm in the process of trying to collect more info, but it seems someone has replaced Syann and wished to make their mark.

Fhelkorn's strike so close to the city is worrying. After some information gathering I've learned the situation could be far worse. The Scalechild is present and intends to ensure balance is maintained. This would include splitting the island between the two dragons and leaving Stein, Hamley, the Northlands, and Feywood under Fhelkorn's control. I'm certain we dont want this to happen. It turns out someone informed Fhelkorn of the plans to oppose him and that was the reason Slaith was targeted. A man named Malieger revealed it all to the dragon resulting in the attack, and most likely, more attacks in the future. I dont have solutions yet, except someway is needed to force Fhelkorn back. I will keep my ears open for more.

[ image disabled ]

Thranduil Greenleaf
07:58:49 PM 10/10/08

Registered Member #1145
Styvn sealed the letter with wax and delivered it to the agreed upon location. He was fairly certain Celia would want to know about this.

"Celia,

I was hiding in the shadows in a seedy little tavern in the lowtown district of Steinkreis, when I overheard a conversation between Nasmat and Rishkin Templar. The majority of it was uninteresting except for one particular exchange. They were both boasting about how much they like dead things, when Nasmat informed Rishkin she was in the process of making a banelich. I've not heard much about those things, but I'm reasonably certain it is not good in any way.

Just thought you'd want to know. Do as you wish with the information.

Styvn."

[ image disabled ]
[ 1145_eavesdropping.jpg ]

Styvn-elf, Tel'Varataurie. -Clickedy- (player loggin = Thranduil Greenleaf) -Clickedy-

Roklynd Elendili-half elf, servant of Mielikki. (player loggin = Kun tao)

Theven Nimblfingers-halfling, lock & trap master. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

Bob Johnson-human, large meat shield. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Bor'el Greenleaf-elf, healer, priest of Corellon. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Edan Amandil-human, healer. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

John Smith-human, blacksmith. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)

Rosco Underhill-halfling, "Underhill family" hit man. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)[/color]

Kings are fools, and nations of men greater fools, to do the bidding of such men and be commanded by their pettiness.... and to die for their whims.
Thranduil Greenleaf
05:15:59 PM 10/12/08

Registered Member #1145
Styvn sends another wax sealed letter to Celia.

"Celia,

I have come across some very disturbing information. Two different matters, but both highly important. The nature of both is so sensitive that I will not put the words to paper lest it fall into the wrong hands. I will only give it to you in person. Meet with me at your earliest possible convenience.

Styvn"

Styvn-elf, Tel'Varataurie. -Clickedy- (player loggin = Thranduil Greenleaf) -Clickedy-

Roklynd Elendili-half elf, servant of Mielikki. (player loggin = Kun tao)

Theven Nimblfingers-halfling, lock & trap master. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

Bob Johnson-human, large meat shield. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Bor'el Greenleaf-elf, healer, priest of Corellon. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Edan Amandil-human, healer. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

John Smith-human, blacksmith. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)

Rosco Underhill-halfling, "Underhill family" hit man. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)[/color]

Kings are fools, and nations of men greater fools, to do the bidding of such men and be commanded by their pettiness.... and to die for their whims.
teraptus
06:02:46 PM 10/13/08
Registered Member #767
The meeting with Styvn had gone well, better then she had imagined. She had herself a new, promising agent and some info that may lead her where she had wanted. Noting down to make sure Styvn was added to her roster of agents.

Once she got back to her office she quickly penned a letter to be sent to the Keepers, specifically Jiles. This was info that was going to need to be in his hands. It would hurt, she knew that, but he needed to know, and with the connection Celia had made, she felt she was getting closer to the killer of her lost friend.

Slipping the note away to be delivered, Celia started a file on the tailor, Meggie. She had apparently been the one to enable the assault on Greenvale, letting the assailants into the city itself and into the Queen's tower. Add to that her association with the mage, Rishkin, and her true motives started to take form. Entering the file into the folder to be sent to Rittermark and Kampfer, Celia mulled over her next move.

[ image disabled ]

teraptus
02:17:50 AM 10/19/08
Registered Member #767
Slipping into her office Celia was glad tonight's patrol had been an uneventful one. At least, it was looking like that. Opening the letter from Sol and the report from Danius and Styvn she looked over what they each had to say.

Illithids?! and this close to Stein. Itarilde had already warned of their presence and the island was abuzz with the rumours. She had mentioned a bunch of portals, seems one may be the landing. Slipping the report to be sent to Rittermark she sent along a recommendation that they look into having the mage school scan the city for any portal activity.

Looking over Danius' report brought more possible trouble, but of a different kind. Riggs, with help from some rather unwanted compatriots, were looking to open a front in Steinkries. She doubted it was a fencing front, there was already one in place and opposing them would be incredibly stupid. No, it was something else. Gambling maybe? prostitution? slaves? Danius had mentioned a building in the city being used. She jotted down a note to Rittermark asking for any and all info on this building and a way to stick some red tape up in the way of anything so that more could be learned before it got any further.

And the last one, Styvn. The Zhent's on the move again, this time looking to create a banelich. Unfortunately nothing solid had been found. Most she could do was have everyone keep there ears open. She already had a couple agents watching. Adding it to her report to Rittermark she makes not to have any unusual happenings, no matter how trivial, forwarded to her desk

Rittermark Report

-Have Mage school scan city for any and all active portals
-Info on building being used for Riggs endeavor, put red tape in place to stall until more info found
-Possible development of Banelich, reports, confirmed by myself, of active Zhentarim agents operating. Send all odd reports to my desk

Signed
Spymaster

[ image disabled ]

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top