The Island of Thain
A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
| Home | FAQ | Forum | News |

 

Welcome
Username:

Password:


Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup


Rodgr Thunderguts
01:45:44 PM 12/10/19
No, just normal fighting, two of the abilities work and two don't. Thanks Squidget

Squidget
01:09:55 PM 12/10/19
I have seen that bug with cooldown-based abilities before, but I thought I squashed it. Anything in particular you were doing when you activated the abilities?

Rodgr Thunderguts
11:21:33 AM 12/10/19
Yeah it's weird it is just two of the skills, I tried resting, re-logging etc etc, it is still the same the other skills reset after about 30 seconds
Weird?

Corlupi
11:02:28 AM 12/10/19
@Rodgr: That sounds like way too long - even for a low level monk.

Rodgr Thunderguts
10:40:15 AM 12/10/19
Anyone ever had the monk skills take 8000+ seconds before you can re use it, only happening to two of them, never played a monk before so I wasn't sure if that is -normal- ? Thanks !!

Galorndan
07:43:47 PM 12/09/19
Rick!!

Squidget
06:17:10 PM 12/09/19
Can you post a screenshot of the error you are seeing? Or are you seeing one?

rick
06:15:31 PM 12/09/19
Hi if you have a chance ,icant get into Beamdog,thanks













Squidget
03:54:58 AM 12/09/19

scratch_flannigan
12:34:51 PM 12/08/19
Nature Night begins in about 1.5 hours from the time of this post. That will be 2pm CST (GMT -6).

(Be aware of the Daylight Saving Time Voodoo that changed recently ! )

Please check page 1 of the Nature Night: Phase 4 thread to see the map to the Wild Grove where we meet !

I will be missing the event today as I attend a work event. Cuchuwyn, the great Druid of Water and The South will be leading The Calling today !

(Many thanks, Cuch ! )



Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: Thain :: In Character Discussion
 
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
To save the Gerdamish Hounds
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: The Site Master, Squidget, Bonesly, Cuchuwyn, Ogreman007, Vaedryan, Dogbert, Inq_Damocles, Just Miggen, Falkala, jewwe, scratch_flannigan, Tuckerr99, Warlord Kro, Oberon, ChaoticDrow, Alanonas
Author Post
vancello
08:13:44 PM 08/28/07

Registered Member #839
Joined: 11:02:06 AM 08/23/06
Location: Canada
Posts: 1066
Letters, all similar to the following, are left with Glendel Manfriend to be delivered to Arvix, Eloril, Evan, Ivy, Jalla, Krin, Letheria, Lomir, Nathenya, Palil, Sailinyl, and Willow though he knows not if all of them frequent Wild Wants.

[blockquote]Dear ...,

It is with no little sorrow that I bid the Feywood a fond farewell for an indeterminate amount of time as I relocate to the Greenvale to see what aid I, together with Blue, can lend to the elven community there on behalf of the Tel'Varataurie. Though I know there are many that I leave behind to defend the woods from the forces that would destroy its peace, there is one matter in particular that I am remiss to not investigate further and so it is that I write to you.

The matter I speak of concerns the hounds of the Gerdamish Moors, whose horrible plight was first brought to my attention by the Keeper, Krin, whose heart beats strongly with the wolven brotherhood that rove this land. It is well known that the gnoll tribes brutally train these hounds to be vicious killers, but a recent discovery suggests things may be more dire than many suspected.

Not long ago on an expedition lead by Lomir, I, as well as Sailinyl and Letheria came upon a pen with many hounds in various states of deprivation and torture. After dealing with the gnollish guards and doing what little we could to aid those surviving hounds, we discovered many shards similar in all respects to the shards of the riftstone that can be found in the troubled cave of the southern woods.

Though nothing is certain, I, as well as those who accompanied me, suspect the gnolls are using the riftstones to secure their vicious hold on the nature of these hounds so that they may more effectively use them to continue their campaign to destroy the peace of the woods. It is also not clear from where they have procured such evil minerals, but I shall ask Mers on my way to the south lands if he has seen any sign of gnolls in the southern woods and will send word to all of you of what he replies.

I have contacted yourself, together with *lists all of the names of those to whom the letter is not addressed* in the hopes that more may be discovered of how the gnolls are warping the nature of these hounds and that something can be done to counteract the vile effects of the rift (if our presumption is correct) and save them from such a cruel fate.

I can be found and contacted in or near the City of Elisara within Greenvale should you need my aid in this matter. It is my hope that you will take up this cause and that, when I return once again to the blessed trees of the Feywood, that the gnoll tribes will have one less weapon at their disposal.

Tenna' ento lye omenta,
Ras Tabula[/quote]

(( Tenna' ento lye omenta is elven for "Until next we meet". ))


Ras Tabula
Brown for the druid
One with nature, changer of shapes,
Deep thinker, gentle one,
Whole now, in body and mind.
(Description by Fade)

Zayyid Rashand
Captain
Shields of the Zulkirate
Back to top
vancello
08:16:01 PM 08/28/07

Registered Member #839
Joined: 11:02:06 AM 08/23/06
Location: Canada
Posts: 1066
Finding himself beset upon by countless vicious bats thirsting for his blood, Ras dashes through the darkness of the southern Feywood in search of refuge. After knocking frantically on his door, Ras tumbles into Mers' cottage.


[ image disabled ]
[ 839_seeking_mers_wisdom.jpg ]

Ras Tabula
Brown for the druid
One with nature, changer of shapes,
Deep thinker, gentle one,
Whole now, in body and mind.
(Description by Fade)

Zayyid Rashand
Captain
Shields of the Zulkirate
Back to top
Pennies
08:44:33 PM 08/28/07

Registered Member #1111
Joined: 03:45:47 AM 07/19/07
Location: The place that is, and once was
Posts: 361
Evan, leaned against the many gnobs, and crooks, that populated the outside of the little shop called; Wild Wants.

Slowly cracking the seal on the letter she had retrived from Glendel, the shop owner. She tugged the parchment into a legible state and began to read...

~Several moments pass...~

Evan frowned, slinging her pack from her shoulder onto the ground. After pulling several strings, and some frantic and lengthy shuffling about...she managed to retrive her Journal.

She folded the note from Ras, back into its original state; tucking it into the front of the little book and closing it. Neatly tucking the little book away into her worn-leather pack..


[ Edited 01:49:19 AM 08/29/07 ]

A.K.A , Willkillforpennies

Player of,
Ki Salene
Back to top
BlackWingedAngel
09:43:14 AM 08/29/07
Registered Member #575
Joined: 07:37:43 PM 07/15/05
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 284
Lomir nods with a small smile to Glendel, concluding their business and breaks open the letter from Ras. After reading it through, he nods his head once and steps outside, already having decided to do what he can to free the Hounds from the Gnolls' influence if it was possible.

"It will likely take many, many seasons," he muses to himself as he begins to head north.

Obsidiar et eskat meldreth,
Forai fulthid maethin

Selvashrim/Wing Dallenen (Retired) ~ Creature of Shadow, Seeker of the Stars (Today We are all Demons - Combichrist)
Lomir Weneir (Retired)~ Guardian of Nature (Angels & Men - Juno Reactor)
Darek Falen ~ Paladin of Bahamut (Vater Unser - E Nomine)
Back to top
Pennies
03:03:38 PM 09/01/07

Registered Member #1111
Joined: 03:45:47 AM 07/19/07
Location: The place that is, and once was
Posts: 361
Warm blood pulsed from an arrow wound on her arm, but she did'nt care. This had been exactly what Evan had come for, and she could'nt let pain blind her chances. She crouched low, circling the massive creature that stood before her.

Evan closed her eyes for a single moment. Reaching out with her mind, gently pushing warm and calm thoughts into the mind of the great dog....Quicly opening her eyes again and lunging backwards, sharp fangs almost grazing her neck.

The dog skidded to a halt, instantly turning around for its next attack..

She saw another chance, and she took it. Squeezing her eyes shut she, again, Gently pushing happy and soothing thoughts into the mind of the great beast.....

Several moments passed, and Evan opened her eyes...The great dog stood just inches from her...Its great muscles relaxed.

Evan sighed in relief, slowly stepping closer to the dog, her hand outstretched to its face. "Friend....", Evan spoke aloud, the dog sniffing the hand she had offered. Closing her eyes again; she laid her out-sretched hand on the dogs face....

"It will be difficult...All you must do is forge a link, between the dogs mind and yourse..This way, you can sense eachothers thoughts..and feelings..

This simple task, is all Evan had come for, And with the results, she could hopefully begin working on a remedy for these troubled beasts..



A.K.A , Willkillforpennies

Player of,
Ki Salene
Back to top
Pennies
03:06:05 PM 09/01/07

Registered Member #1111
Joined: 03:45:47 AM 07/19/07
Location: The place that is, and once was
Posts: 361
((Ooc: Image))



[ image disabled ]
[ 1111_mindly_troubles.jpg ]

A.K.A , Willkillforpennies

Player of,
Ki Salene
Back to top
vancello
12:58:33 PM 09/25/07

Registered Member #839
Joined: 11:02:06 AM 08/23/06
Location: Canada
Posts: 1066
A misplaced step sends his leg plunging into the soft muck so that Ras' awkward human form plunges headlong into the fetid, murky waters that infuse the Moribund Bog. Sputtering and flailing about to remove himself before the basilisk hide of his armor becomes thoroughly soaked, the pale man grasps upon what he thinks is a solid root in the mud and uses it to hoist himself back into the chill and misty air.

He does not wonder why the "root" is helping him to rise from the water until it jerks him forward into the oncoming force of the Mohrg's other arm, sending Ras flying back once again. Watching with wide-eyed fear as the horrific undead creature trudges inerringly towards him through the slop, he instinctively reaches for the softly glowing belt tightly wrapped around his waist, calling for aid into the dark night.

The precise nature of the bond between the belt and the spirit world of the animals was unknown to the pale druid who, in times of great danger, would use the garment to call forth the lion spirit he had liberated from Rickels' shady operation. Perhaps his desperate cry echoed throughout the spirit world, or perhaps the lion had sent allies more closely tied to this place, or perhaps it was simply a fortuitous coincidence, but it was the Fenhound guardians who seemed to form from the surrounding mist, their massive and powerful bodies making quick and gruesome work of the hideous corpse.

Working in silent union, all but one of the ethereal beasts bounds into the surrounding darkness to hunt for more of the evil creatures that haunt the bog, the last hound remaining behind to stand guard as Ras struggles to release himself from the clenching muck of the bog. Once on more stable ground, Ras turns his attention to the Fenhound in rapt fascination.

"Indeed, you are the very reason I ventured into this cursed place," Ras whispers into the still air as he approaches the Fenhound slowly. "Who knew it would take my near demise to call you forth from your constant vigil?"


[ image disabled ]
[ 839_fenhound.jpg ]After a long moment of sharing his silent thanks with the guardian, it simply turns and wanders after his brethren, not feeling compelled to remain with Ras as many animals of the material world did.

* * * * *


Finding a quiet spot beneath a tree in a still abandonned part of the City of Elisara, Ras sets to work scribing his thoughts and ideas to those he originally contacted for aid in helping the hounds of the Gerdamish Moors.

He tells them of how the Fenhounds answered his call for aid, and of the possibility that the protective nature of these spiritual beasts may help to break the vicious hold that the gnolls and the rift have over hounds of the Moors. He ends each of the letters with the suggestion of liberating and escorting one of the Gerdamish Hounds across the vast land to the bog to see how it responds to the presence of the spirit hounds, offering his aid in this endeavor should they wish it.
[ Edited 05:58:53 PM 09/25/07 ]

Ras Tabula
Brown for the druid
One with nature, changer of shapes,
Deep thinker, gentle one,
Whole now, in body and mind.
(Description by Fade)

Zayyid Rashand
Captain
Shields of the Zulkirate
Back to top
Thranduil Greenleaf
04:50:28 PM 09/27/07

Registered Member #1145
Joined: 03:28:45 PM 08/30/07
Location: GMT -5
Posts: 785
On his way back to the Crossroads from the city of Elisara, Styvn ponders deeply the task he has agreed to undertake for Ras, and the others who would save the Gerdamish Hounds from the cruelty of the gnolls.

Since his arrival here on the island, he's spent a good deal of his time traveling with Krin. The ranger has taught him much in the same way his uncle did before he died. From the time spent with Krin, and the extremely detailed information in the journal his uncle left him, he's already beginning to feel a connection with the natural things around him. He's beginning to feel like a ranger.

The time he's spent with Evan, his other friend here on the island, has also been a great help. The druid has taught him much about healing, and connecting spiritually with the herbs, medicinal plants, and the wildlife that grow here on Thain.

To his own amazement, he calmed an attacking wolf on the road just a few hours south of the Crossroads fire. A few short weeks ago, he would not even have attempted something like that. He hopes these things are an indication that he will soon be ready to begin the task he promised Ras he would do. The hounds deserve a chance to be free of the gnolls constant torture and cruelty. It is a worthy cause. He must study harder.

Styvn-elf, Tel'Varataurie. -Clickedy- (player loggin = Thranduil Greenleaf) -Clickedy-

Roklynd Elendili-half elf, servant of Mielikki. (player loggin = Kun tao)

Theven Nimblfingers-halfling, lock & trap master. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

Bob Johnson-human, large meat shield. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Bor'el Greenleaf-elf, healer, priest of Corellon. (player loggin = Kun Tao)

Edan Amandil-human, healer. (player loggin = Gregor Wyrmbane)

John Smith-human, blacksmith. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)

Rosco Underhill-halfling, "Underhill family" hit man. (player loggin = Gregor Wrymbane)[/color]

Kings are fools, and nations of men greater fools, to do the bidding of such men and be commanded by their pettiness.... and to die for their whims.
Back to top
vancello
06:25:23 PM 09/27/07

Registered Member #839
Joined: 11:02:06 AM 08/23/06
Location: Canada
Posts: 1066
Strong is the power in even the tiniest plant, my father had told me during our brief time together when I returned to the place of my birth, so long as you know how to coax it out. Perhaps with the soothing richness of a collection of the most powerful herbs coursing through their bodies the Gerdamish hounds may react more favorably to our efforts to help them... or perhaps not. There was only one way to find out.

But why, under the towering ancient trees within the City of Elisara, did I ask Styvn to undertake such a task? This person who I only just met and who did almost seem to tremble with timidity beneath the wing of Krin's presence as a fledgling about to take his first flight? And new to this isle, never having even experienced the beautiful peace of the Feywood, let alone the evil threats that lie to its north! Surely there are others more capable of testing the effect such herbs may have on the hounds?

Perhaps it was the spirit of his nature, his plaintive assurance that he "would do anything to help". Over and over, that's what he said, but modestly so, assuring me he would seek the help he needed, so unlike many in this land who run head long into danger alone, often for no better reason than some strange enjoyment they derive from it.

The herbs I gave to Styvn were potent indeed, purchased from Nariad Evriamyl of Greenvale whose knowledge of such things will never cease to amaze me. Whether or not the few blessings I attempted to invoke within them (as the old druids used to do) will have any additional effect, I cannot tell.

Still, in the end, the means we use to try and save those poor hounds is only of secondary importance compared to the determination and will we employ to do so. It was the spark of such conviction that I saw in Styvn, I think, so rare in this troubled land, that moved me to request such a difficult task of him. I just pray that the forest and those who dwell peacefully within watch over him and his companions.

[ Edited 02:59:16 AM 12/02/07 ]

Ras Tabula
Brown for the druid
One with nature, changer of shapes,
Deep thinker, gentle one,
Whole now, in body and mind.
(Description by Fade)

Zayyid Rashand
Captain
Shields of the Zulkirate
Back to top
Pennies
06:38:17 PM 09/27/07

Registered Member #1111
Joined: 03:45:47 AM 07/19/07
Location: The place that is, and once was
Posts: 361
Evan walked into Greenwood, she scanned the area; resting her eyes on an elf standing by a Bench. While unable to remember his name, after-all elves do have long names, she was luckily able to remember that he was a merchant.

She handed him a letter, and small sack of gold. "Make sure this gets to Ras Tabula..", Evan then gave him the best description of Ras that she could in the event that the merchant did'nt know him. She gave the man a rough nod, and left the city as quickly as she had arrived.


The letter wrote..

wrote ...
Dear Ras,

Some days ago, I made an attempt to escort a hound of the Gerdamish Moor to the Moribund Bog. Unfortunately, I lost my grasp on the hound, and it ran for a nearby town, and was killed by the guards before I could stop them.

While, depressing, it did give me an oppurtunity to create this suggestion;

Perhaps convincing and escorting a less-violent spirit hound of the bog, to the moors. Would all-in-all be less of a hassle.

How this would be accomplished, I do not know.

Until then, I will continue to try to find medicinal remedy for their problems

The letter is signed, Evanette Jal'Akavir.







[ image disabled ]
[ 1111_evan_elwyn.jpg ][ Edited 11:38:56 PM 09/27/07 ]

A.K.A , Willkillforpennies

Player of,
Ki Salene
Back to top
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System


Connect to us with 93.184.199.24 or thain.no-ip.org
Online
Guests: 11, Members: 1 ...
Oberon viewing forum.php

most ever online: 155
(Members: 0, Guests: 155) on 07:15:05 AM 12/11/16

Members: 1869
Newest member: Starscryer

Now Playing
1. Anyka Daevars
2. Cassia Aurelia
Render time: 0.0857 sec, 0.0074 of that for queries. DB queries: 31.